Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden V8 304 Gilmer kit with A/C & P/S !!!

rhoadesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR custom 5L Spac Ute
So it was 2x p/s pullies in front and behind that crank pulley?? Im just about to do mine. I got my kit off a mate and its missing a few little bits. But i figure all i need now is that extra p/s pulley for the a/c on the crank pulley and i should be sweet apparently from whats been said here.
This forum has been helpful :)

Lococard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Anyone got a sound clip of their gilmer?

Leigh_G

..forgot the sump bolt
Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 VH SLX, '08 Prado Grande
Search YouTube for "Holden 5L gilmer" or similar, there's a few floating round including a VP(?) drive-by

VS TITANIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Bought a procomp kit ages ago and it seems ok if you don't mind that they didn't supply any fasteners. Cheap bastards. That and never mind that to make it work I needed to space my p/steer 6mm off of the block, & the air con compressor, that shares the same mounting bracket as the alternator.. Good grief. It's turned into a huge **** fight with spacers needing to be fabricated, shifting the compressor off to the side with more spacer plates fabricated etc etc.. If it weren't for throwing my back out I would've completed the project but yeah. Universal bolt on kit my arse. This is for a VK 308 mind you.. It seems like all you 304 blokes have got it a lot easier. Probably because air con is better designed as a standard item on the newer cars.

boofhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5l calais
Just found a new kit on ebay from diecrest which uses three gilmer belts to drive all accessories. 1 for w/p and alt, 1 for a/c and 1 for p/s.
has anybody fitted one of these kits? if so what difficulities , if any, did you experience with the a/c compressor?

Stingz

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv
Iive got a 98 vt hsv looking at doing the same mods any one done one similar.