Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Ve and Pontiac g8

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
The second you fit headlights made for RHD cars into your Australian car your car will be ILLEGAL and a DANGER to other drivers. Do NOT do this! It is more irresponsible than installing HID globes into reflector headlights.

But HIDs into reflector headlights are awesome?

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
But HIDs into reflector headlights are awesome?

HID's are S#^% and blind me, I flash every single one I pass. If you can't see with standard lights designed with the ADR standards for the car, go get your eyes checked out.

The idea of a headlight with a amp/booster to make the globe brighter is so stupid

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
HID's are S#^% and blind me, I flash every single one I pass. If you can't see with standard lights designed with the ADR standards for the car, go get your eyes checked out.

You do realise most HID fitted cars meet ADRs and won't blind you as they have properly focused and angled beams? So do you mean you flash every single one you pass that has illegally fitted HIDs to reflector lenses? Because they're the only ones that'll be blinding.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Yes they can be spotted kms away but they aren't blinding anyone if they're ADR compliant.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
There's a lot of 4x4s here, lift kitted, 6000k HIDs that are self levelling therefore 'legal' and are extremely blinding!!! If there not a factory OEM upgrade, I wouldn't touch them.

And aiming a 6000k HID "downwards" is still obvious and stupid IMO.

chaser for swaps sa

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh,vr acclaim. toyota chaser, R33, VE SSV
Put the halo's in yourself... Im in the process of installing red halo's on my VE SSV.

My Halo light install... Red Halo's as it matches the red interior dash lights ect... Finished the fogs, Halo's wired in with the foglight switch just for now... Very rarely use the halo's but will look the part once its all finished.

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

I had planned to install halo's around every light including the tail lights... But.... 5 minutes to long in the oven and this is the result.... I bought another pair and tried for hours to dismantle the other side without success, If anyone gets the same idea dont even try its impossible.

photo.php

The headlights on the otherhand 10 minutes 100c in the oven was enough to soften the glue and with a little effort came apart easy.... However i searched the net for hours and hours looking for the correct size halo's to order and had no luck not one site gave me the sizes only small medium and large, Great help that was so i ended up getting the tape measure out and came up short with the high beam halo's... The pair i ordered for the high beams were 20mm to small and didnt look right so im waiting on the correct size to arrive before i can finish....

photo.php

I received the correct size halo's today so i will be getting to work on the scary job of heating and dismantling the front headlights for the install...

If you are going to do it yourself dont take your eyes off your lights while in the oven or they may end up light my tail light did, Its not hard its just a bit of messing around.

As i mentioned i spent hours searching the net for the correct size halo's to order and couldnt find one mention anywhere, I may as well help the next person out who might search for the sizes...

VE SSV projector style head light Halo sizes

Fog lights - 70mm

Head light projector - 100mm

Head light high beam - 120mm....

For anyone who may be interested in attempting to dismantle the tail lights, I highly advise against this as unlike the head lights thats been glued in the tail lights have been pressed into the casing while heated.

Tail lights 90mm

Hope this helps someone, I cant wait till my ve rolls around with devil eyes...

Last edited:

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
Put the halo's in yourself... Im in the process of installing red halo's on my VE SSV.

My Halo light install... Red Halo's as it matches the red interior dash lights ect... Finished the fogs, Halo's wired in with the foglight switch just for now... Very rarely use the halo's but will look the part once its all finished.

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

I had planned to install halo's around every light including the tail lights... But.... 5 minutes to long in the oven and this is the result.... I bought another pair and tried for hours to dismantle the other side without success, If anyone gets the same idea dont even try its impossible.

photo.php

The headlights on the otherhand 10 minutes 100c in the oven was enough to soften the glue and with a little effort came apart easy.... However i searched the net for hours and hours looking for the correct size halo's to order and had no luck not one site gave me the sizes only small medium and large, Great help that was so i ended up getting the tape measure out and came up short with the high beam halo's... The pair i ordered for the high beams were 20mm to small and didnt look right so im waiting on the correct size to arrive before i can finish....

photo.php

I received the correct size halo's today so i will be getting to work on the scary job of heating and dismantling the front headlights for the install...

If you are going to do it yourself dont take your eyes off your lights while in the oven or they may end up light my tail light did, Its not hard its just a bit of messing around.

As i mentioned i spent hours searching the net for the correct size halo's to order and couldnt find one mention anywhere, I may as well help the next person out who might search for the sizes...

VE SSV projector style head light Halo sizes

Fog lights - 70mm

Head light projector - 90mm

Head light high beam - 140mm.... Stupid me ordered 120mm Doh...

For anyone who may be interested in attempting to dismantle the tail lights, I highly advise against this as unlike the head lights thats been glued in the tail lights have been pressed into the casing while heated.

Tail lights 90mm

You need to change your privacy settings on Facebook so we can see your photos.

chaser for swaps sa

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh,vr acclaim. toyota chaser, R33, VE SSV

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The headlights on the other hand 10 minutes 100c in the oven was enough to soften the glue and with a little effort came apart easy.... However i searched the net for hours and hours looking for the correct size halo's to order and had no luck, not one site gave me the sizes only small medium and large, Great help that was so i ended up getting the tape measure out and came up short with the high beam halo's... The pair i ordered for the high beams were 20mm to small and didnt look right so im waiting on the correct size to arrive before i can finish....

attachment.php

If you are going to do it yourself dont take your eyes off your lights while in the oven or they may end up like my tail light did, Its not hard its just a bit of messing around.

VE SSV Fog light & projector style head light Halo sizes

Fog lights - 70mm

Head light projector - 100mm

Head light high beam - 120mm....

Tail lights 90mm

Last edited: