Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Home spray job on my vr commodore

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah 2k uses a hardener and special thinners.

you should ALWAYS be using a really good quality mask. it needs to filter particle-dust AND gas. also you need to get all the fumes out as quick as possible so outside or in an extremely well ventillated workspace is a must. that **** messes with your lungs/eyes and nose if you dont use proper precautions.

Andrew1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore 1994
keep up the good work andrew.
cannot wait to see how this turns out.
and youll be painting this new project car aswell?

talking about 2pak. is that where you mix the paint, with some sticky thing and maybe thinners?
we are painted some cut gal steel at work with this and wanted to know what safety you should use when around it.
Yeah i sure will be spraying the new car as the paint in it is real shitty I'm think a nice orange with silver around the bottom as in bumpers and the side bits on the doors what Ever they call them haha well look pretty mint :)

Andrew1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore 1994
Finished spraying the front of the car yesterday came up really good just got to wait a few days then give it a good cut and polish :) post pics up soon got alot on this weekend so might be on Monday :) and the vl arrives of Tuesday so I'll put some pics of it up to going to be a good project car.

Also looking at a new compressor for when I spray the vl cause the one I have at the moment it little and crap but would this one be a good buy?
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...irect-Drive-2-5HP.aspx?pid=168671#Description

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
A good long lasting compressor? No. A cheapy that will do the job reasonably well for now without costing the earth? Yes. Just make sure you keep the receipt, when it blows up you can exchange it.

If you want a good quality compressor you are going to have to pay at least double that, but for spraypainting you dont really need great quality. You just want it to have at least a 40L tank so it can keep up with you.

Looking forward to the pix. :)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Andrew1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore 1994
Cheers guys, aldi have them? True I'll go have a Look because aldi is across the road from super cheap I'm geting one for Chrissy from my girlfriend she dosnt want to spent heaps so I'm look for a cheap one that will be better then the one i got :) I'll look into it thanks for the heads up so you really want one that has 12cfm yeah?

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
you can get away with the smaller ones, you just need a bit of stop and start. Bigger is better of course though. The Aldi one sounds like a good buy.

Andrew1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore 1994
Yeah it dose hey how long ago did you see them there ari?i couldn't find them on there website but hopefully they got some sounds like a great buy for me all I need :)

Andrew1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore 1994
Okay sweet well I'm going to have a good look around. I looked on a eBay there's one that has 100L tank and 16cfm looks really good for 700 dollars best deal I've found so far but I havnt looked to hard :)