Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Honeycomb mesh in MAF sensor

ch1mp

Reaction score
If you have a valid reason for requiring my locati
Members Ride
VT S-Pack 3.8L Supercharged
So I know what a MAF sensor does, why it's there, why you...i suppose..."shouldn't"...remove it blah blah blah...

my cousin told me that on his mate's VX, he took out the MAF sensor and removed the honeycomb meshing from inside that was held in by a circlip, and put the sensor back into place. The difference to the drive...the car was immediately responsive to sudden acceleration instead of the typical...take a breath, THEN drop a gear and rev your tits off. It was instant response because the air didn't have any turbulence from this honeycomb.

Has anyone else done this? I tried, completely dismantled the MAF sensor...(which reminds me, I forgot to reattach the actual sensor..must do that lol), found no circlip and no way of removing the honeycomb...

thoughts...

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
lol.... the only way your going to get those improvements is if your maf is completely sludged up. your 'cousin' probably cleaned it and thats where the gains came from. your not going to notice a 50hp increase by removing the honeycomb. its there to straighten the air flow across the sensor. just leave it be.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
HAH, your cousin is an idiot, the honeycomb removes the turbulence so that the air flows straight over the sensors.

Removing the mesh mean massive increases in responsiveness, yeah right.