Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hotwire my VB - ignition stuffed!

F

forest

hey all... anyone know how to hotwire a VB commodore? my ignition is stuffed and i live in the bush so i have no way of getting anywhere to fix it!

problem is when i turn the key nothing happens, after about 100 turns of the key suddenly it works! (pain in the proverbial!)

any ideas to get it going? :bang:

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
turn the key so the reds are on. open the bonnet. arc out the starter motor with a screwdriver. you do this by puting the screwdriver across the 2 terminals and effectively closing the circuit. you have to be quick or you'll weld the screwdriver to the starter motor!

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
*waits for "how to detach welded screwdriver thread*

hehehe

good luck!

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
lol if that dnt work you can bypass the switch make a small jumper cable out of a short wire and join the one on the far left to the one on the far right. and that will start it.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
failing that, you might be able to take some coverings off the steering column where there'll be a rod that goes into your ignition switch, maybe this rod has gone out of whack as it used to slide around a bit on my torana (if it's the same mechanism)

slide rod, start car.