Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How can i make it sporty?

Vtwagoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Cut muffler... off, cut springs.
Cheap, tough sounding, looking car ;)

Considered, keeping body as is and slipping in a supercharged 5.7l under the bonnet for a fine sleeper look :D

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
What the **** is with people chopping springs, if buying a set of King Springs breaks your budget that much, you shouldn't be worrying about car modification in my opinion.

Springs are one of the cheaper mods you can do, if it's gonna hurt your wallet that much, give up on car modification. Don't chop springs, it's dangerous and not worth it IMO, when you can just buy King Srings for **** all.

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
I think we've gotten to a stage where there is just way too much American rubbish being shown on our TV....they have every backyard mechanics there chopping things up, grinding, welding, building a modified vehicle then show everybody how they did it. The one thing all these rubbish shows never tell you is, being such a heavily modified car, how would you know the car is still safe? Will it still pass the crash test that the original stock car the manufacturer says that it should provided the car was using the original settings, parts etc?

There are regulations and laws in place in Australia such as ADRs and they are there for a very good reason.
1) To prevent you from hurting yourself in your car.
2) Prevent other people from being hurt by the things you've done to your car.

This works both ways. Others don't want to be hurt by you, and you probably don't want to get hurt by others so you can go home, have a beer, watch tv, write posts on JC...etc.

Is cutting corners to save a bit of money so you can drive a modified car worth the pain and suffering should something fail?

Callie6lt

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT 5LT CALAIS
dump it, get some nice 17's or 18's, stereo, two tone the paint job black on the bottom thin red pinstipe in the middle some pearls on the (PINK), monaro bonnet, vz guard vents, uprgade your brakes to dba slotted or x-drilled rotor's with green pads, paint the calipers fire engine red, xtracters and 2.5 xhaust with hot dog and single muffler, tint the windows, big ol' JUST COMMODORES sticker in the back window! street mean...... just do 1 thing at a time, do it once, and have fun doing it!

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
dump it, get some nice 17's or 18's, stereo, two tone the paint job black on the bottom thin red pinstipe in the middle some pearls on the (PINK), monaro bonnet, vz guard vents, uprgade your brakes to dba slotted or x-drilled rotor's with green pads, paint the calipers fire engine red, xtracters and 2.5 xhaust with hot dog and single muffler, tint the windows, big ol' JUST COMMODORES sticker in the back window! street mean...... just do 1 thing at a time, do it once, and have fun doing it!

Wow...you really have his car planned out!

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
drop her on her asssss, 20s on the front, stocks on the back, get rid of the ugly tow bar, paint her sexy colours give her some pearl-s.

JoeFish

Reaction score
Website
www.nuciforacarcare.com
Members Ride
98 VT Executive
sorry what chrome strips? are you talking bout the little gap between the bumper and the body?

JoeFish

Reaction score
Website
www.nuciforacarcare.com
Members Ride
98 VT Executive

ok so i do all this....and then how much do i go indept? lol

I'll just see if i can score some money for Kevin Rudd :D

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V
I beg of you to not put good rims on the front and stockies on the back it will just make you look like the biggest tool going around.Just turn the car into a sleeper.