Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do i get that supercharge whine...

Vy S SC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pac Series II Supercharged L67
At the moment I have the 10psi pulley and the k&n pannel filter installed on the L67. Im getting a nice whine out of her. If I was to get a kit like the one from mace :

COLD AIR INTAKE TO SUIT HOLDEN VT-VY V6 - Mace Engineering Group

would i get more whine?

sounds like i might after reading a few of the comments above with the pod. I just didn't want any error codes with the pod. Im guessing the Mace kit would be sweet and is just a straight swap to the current setup with all the parts included?

Cheers

JAAV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon, 5 ltr ski boat, VS ute, VT calais.
Had a few P platers ask this Q in the workshop days..
A cheap option is to buy a decent stereo, record the Glimer whine and then play it back through the speakers. The tricky bit is to get the timing right with the throtle....

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
:hmmm: ok sounds the cheapest way to get the soound :hmmm:
Had a few P platers ask this Q in the workshop days..
A cheap option is to buy a decent stereo, record the Glimer whine and then play it back through the speakers. The tricky bit is to get the timing right with the throtle....

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

Vy S SC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pac Series II Supercharged L67

MACE

Reaction score
At the moment I have the 10psi pulley and the k&n pannel filter installed on the L67. Im getting a nice whine out of her. If I was to get a kit like the one from mace :

would i get more whine?

sounds like i might after reading a few of the comments above with the pod. I just didn't want any error codes with the pod. Im guessing the Mace kit would be sweet and is just a straight swap to the current setup with all the parts included?

Cheers

Hey Vy S SC,

You would definitely get much more of a whine from our kit. No error codes will come up in the kit of which everything needed for the job is included. It is a genuine bolt on item.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score

would i get more whine?

Cheers

Hey Vy S SC,

You would definitely get much more of a whine from our kit. No error codes will come up in the kit of which everything needed for the job is included. It is a genuine bolt on item.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Steve