Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you relieve work stress?

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Make a hole through my desk using a screw driver I found in the office at work.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
19/20 times i hear this the employee is usually wrong. So many times ive had staff come to me saying how hard they work for such little money. When we actually monitor their work it is almost laughable.

people always underestimate managers, i know where i am we are always the last to leave and always the first there, you never see our management meetings we have that deal with **** fights that lower employees generally cause. On average i do around 60 hours per week, compared to my staff who do their 38 and go home. Not one of them would i say deserve the money i am on. people think they are worth more than they are, all i have to say to these people is prove it.

Anyway sorry for ranting.

Great post and I totally agree, would give you rep on this but it tells me I must spread the reputation around before giving anymore to Minux :D :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL I would like to share a definition I heard recently...

New term to use at work "seagull manager"

Definition - a manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, then leaves.

my seagull manager got sacked this morning. best day this year yet

Driving my V8 with the window down does it for me. Just love that sound, makes me feel good.:driving:

Sometimes a glass of wine or a Wild Turkey straight up on ice works wonders too.:drink:

And other times I just go out the back with my .22 (I live out in the sticks) and a packet of rounds and shoot rocks and things from the back doorstep.:shooting:

All these take my mind well away from work.:thumbsup:

Jeez just re-read that. Haha
Makes me look like an gun totin, aloholic, gas guzzling V8 driving maniac. Far from the truth, although PC was never one of my stronger points.

I do miss driving my V8. all the more reason to spend lots of time and money fixing her up

19/20 times i hear this the employee is usually wrong. So many times ive had staff come to me saying how hard they work for such little money. When we actually monitor their work it is almost laughable.

people always underestimate managers, i know where i am we are always the last to leave and always the first there, you never see our management meetings we have that deal with **** fights that lower employees generally cause. On average i do around 60 hours per week, compared to my staff who do their 38 and go home. Not one of them would i say deserve the money i am on. people think they are worth more than they are, all i have to say to these people is prove it.

Anyway sorry for ranting.

thats fine for a manager who actually knows what they are doing, unlike my ops manager, who got sacked this morning. knows nothing about the industry and yet is telling me how to do my job, told to change m/c settings, wasting my time for no gain in production, worse yet, him fiddling with m/c setting when he has no idea on what the impact is. i hate A holes that sit in there nice offices and cancel the company christmas party and give cr*p presents like water pistols cause they recon there is no money and yet they the office staff go to a nice fancy restuarant paid for by the company for a christmas dinner etc. i hate having to carry other tradesman cause they don't know what they are doing or worse, they just can't be bothered to put that little bit of extra effort in and then i gotta come in a sort it out. i too was once a production/shift supervisor as well as loking after maintenaince, i was the guy on the last shift who had to make sure things went out the door in time, always had to do atleast a couple extra hrs on friday nights cause the manager upstrairs thoughtthere would be enough time to squeeze in an extra little job. do you think they ever thanked me for staying late to finish the job...... sorry, no offence at you minux but there are a lot of A hole managers out there. sorry about the rant:bang:

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
But obviously whoever employed this person as a manager in the first place was at fault as clearly this person didn't have the experience or qualifications to suit that particular role, I know I double check all my future employee's references, former places of employment, etc to make sure they are legitimate, you'd be amazed by the amount of BS some people have on their CV's to make themselves more employable...