Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do you remove the dash?

steak000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk Calais
hey guys i have a few lights out behind the dash and some of the buttons such as the aircon light and the hazzard one dont light up no more and was thinking changing the colour of the instruments? can anyone explain the way to pull it out??

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
I recommend that everyone buys a Gregory’s workshop manual or even the $10 ebay CD, they are extremely useful and pay for themselves with all the money you save by being able to do most things yourself. If you haven't got a reply by tomorrow night I will scan the procedure from my workshop manual for you.

Last edited:

Oken

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
isnt it just a few screws? and it clips out??

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
^^^ yeah basically. It can be a bit of mucking around. There is a good 'how to' somewhere which has pics of the whole procedure. Do a bit of a search for it.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Basically take out the 2 screws above the dash face and the whole facia with the buttons come out with a measured amount of force to overcome the clips resistance .... these clips locate and secure it around the facia...trying to pull as squarely as possible will minimise damage but they can be a drama..rest is a unplug and 2 srews hold the cluster to the dash and thats it.