Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you replace aerial base on a rear roof mount aerial?

steveejay_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
Hi.

I have searched hard on the web on how to remove the aerial base on a rear roof mount aerial and can't find anything. Would one of you know how to do this? Reason I ask is I'm looking at buying a 2008 SSV wagon and the aerial has suffered some sort of impact, the aerial has snapped off and the base mount has lifted from the roof approx 2-3mm. Apart from that the car is in pretty good shape. Don't necessarily need to replace with the same aerial. Would really appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

Steve.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I broke mine a couple of years back and if I remember right they had to remove the interior roof lining to get at the base.

steveejay_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
That definitely sounds like something for the professionals!!! Is it something you take to Holden to do or are there other companies out there that do this? I imagine Holden would take your daughters left arm to do such a job. By the way I live in Melbourne. Thanks for your feed back.

Steve.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Bit of a prick you pull the lining down at the rear and reach in to undo a bolt and the plugs to release the base.

Bit like working in the dark as you cant see what youre doing.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I broke mine a couple of years back and if I remember right they had to remove the interior roof lining to get at the base.

I remember your thread, makes me think twice every time that back out of the garage!!!:doh:

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Wow PJDM I can't believe you recall that, it was so long ago.

I am still really grateful to the guys at Holden that fixed my mishap including the paint-less dent removal, and now I reverse into the shed and then drive out, if I still hit the door doing that I don't deserve to be on the road lol.

steveejay_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
Thanks guys for all your feedback, really appreciate it. Being such a nice car I think it's best to get the pros to do it. Called Holden today and purchased the mount $116.60. Going in tomorrow morning to get a quote to have it installed. At least this way it's done properly and should finish like new. Gee these 6 litre engines have some get up!!! Such a pleasure to drive. Looking forward to a 3" exhaust and cold air intake. Mmmm mmm. Will let you know how I go with the repair.

steveejay_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
Hi guys.

The aerial is all fixed. Took 2.5 hours to do and the job turned out great. Fortunately only needed to remove the trim off the tail gate to access the base mount, which was quite easy to remove and he repaired the damage to the surrounding metal pretty much like new. Repairer was "Repair a Dent" from Melton in Victoria. Highly recommended. 1300 336 873

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Didnt realise it was a wagon, my instructions were for a sedan.