Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you stop peolple stealing fuel?

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
You could set up a pressure switch (like those used on the doors for your interior light) and hook it up to your car alarm or horn.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
or even a gate alarm. They are about 120db and cost $10. When the pin is released the alarm will sound until the pin is back in. I like the idea of smashing the **** out of the person but its your call. If you hurt them they will come back and do something 10x worse.

TWOJZ

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL shagon ;)
probably not the best idea to put any kinda switch next to the petrol filler, most, if not all switches make a spark when switched.

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
what kind of person would steal ur fuel i mean cummon. i would put a camera outside or stake out and get the person good!

thats down right pathetic

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
probably not the best idea to put any kinda switch next to the petrol filler, most, if not all switches make a spark when switched.
probably not a good idea to have a car that leaks petrol vapors out of the filler cap

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Put really long nails pointing upwards on the ground where the fuel cap is. OR MOUSE TRAPS!!! HAHAHAHH OR A BEAR TRAP!!!!!

glass etc etc.

Because 9/10 the bogan that steals the petrol isnt wearing shoes, or really worn thongs. So attack him from below!!!

:)

Starkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2011 Nitrate
ok i will go to the wreckers tomorrow and buy a horn, then i will go to jaycar for a switch wire it all up with an override for when i need to fuel up then when horn goes i will kill! (ok maybe not kill) will keep you all informed with pictures. thanks for the ideas.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
pitbull or shotgun