Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How low do you think the dealers would go? 60th

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
How low do you think the dealers would go? VE

How low do you guys think the dealers would go with the 60th VE Commodore brand new? Or even the Calais for that matter. They are advertising it for $29,990 but that's the sticker price.

I've heard you can haggle at dealers quite well these days.

Have any of your guys scored a nice deal on the VE when you bought yours?

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
from what i've seen in the papers here is a few dealers offering ss utes drive away for the 33k, so if you look at it your saving 6 grand just there.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
from what i've seen in the papers here is a few dealers offering ss utes drive away for the 33k, so if you look at it your saving 6 grand just there.

Yeh, yet that's their advertising price... I hear that you can always deal 'em even lower.

I collect luxury watches, just because a watch is advertised at $2300 with a discount to $2000 doesn't mean I cant haggle down to $1800. I hear its the same with cars.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I think that's a price and a half anyway...

You might be able to haggle and get a full tank of petrol. Or a Holden bag or T-Shirt.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
I reckon you may be able to get them down a little but not much. That's pretty low as it is. I think they would throw in accessories for free rather than drop the price. Eg they might want to give you floor mats and tint the windows for $29,990 instead of dropping it down to $29,500 etc.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Usually on 'factoy sponsored' deals you'll find a dealer will NOT drop the selling price, HOWEVER, as suggested, things like tow bars, tinting, mats, wheel nut locks etc are all there for the asking.

Reaction score
Website
www.sportsmodelsaustralia.com.au
Members Ride
VE SV6 2008
we got a SV6 just over a week ago in auto and with custom leather drive away for $40k was meant to be $49something we had alot of other deals say they cant sell it for that but we found one dealer that was willing to just as a number deal

BustedNut

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Sedan
I bought one the other day.. (pick it up Saturday Morning..:w00t:) $29780, driveaway with metallic paint ($300-400) window tint ($300) and floor mats ($100)..

Went back and forth a few times, and he was really loathe to throw the mats in for that price.. Although they do that don't they.. I reckon you could probably squeeze a few more goodies in if you really could be bothered. Lets face it, the price still includes $1400 dealer delivery and the real cost of tinting and floor mats are not even close to the costs they quote.. therefore they add the bits and bobs to sweeten the deal without too much real cost to themselves.

I was pretty happy with the advertised price, getting it a little cheaper with some 'goodies' chucked in was just a bonus..:yeah:

Regards,

BustedNut

Burnside

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SV6 Ute
i got my sv6 ute last week for 30.5 with metallic paint, leather seats, bluetooth, 6 stack cd/mp3, floor mats, window tint and paint glaze and i thought that was a pretty good deal

GoodKarma

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEII SSVZ wagon & 2009 Cruze diesel turbo
Dealers are going to be doing deals for a while. ATM Holden are not buying back dealer surplus and with Christmas coming, it's a good time. They want to move stock. Pity I bought my Calais V before all this began!:bang:

Last edited: