Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many K's has your car done?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Lol.

There are so many diesel motors out there working on double or even triple the k's that have had much harder lives than anything in a Commodore.

Feel free to put 14psi through any non boosted diesel you might choose, spend at least 50% of 40k on the limiter and let me know how that works out.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Feel free to put 14psi through any non boosted diesel you might choose, spend at least 50% of 40k on the limiter and let me know how that works out.

20,000km on the limiter? The mang is strong with this one!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
You bored Sabbath? Gonna turn another thread into **** from your cherry picked out of context quote because you like to start ridiculous **** when it's V6 related? Jesus Christ the semantics are strong in this one. 50% of the time you drive 40k pushing to the limiter, if I meant 20k I would have written 20k.

Either way, boost your smokey diesel 14 pound and give it a hard life for 40k, then come back to me. Who gives a **** about a stock diesels life, no crap they can go forever, so can a stock L27 or 36.

Let the thread digression for Sabbaths pleasure and no point at all begin!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
You bored Sabbath?

Not at all, you said something which was incorrect. Did you expect to just make a wild claim and nobody pick up on it?

Gonna turn another thread into **** from your cherry picked out of context quote because you like to start ridiculous **** when it's V6 related?
How exactly was it "cherry picked"? It was something you said, and since this is a thread about longevity i pulled you up on it.

Jesus Christ the semantics are strong in this one. 50% of the time you drive 40k pushing to the limiter, if I meant 20k I would have written 20k.
How is it semantics to take what you said

" spend at least 50% of 40k on the limiter and let me know how that works out."

If you meant something else, why say that?

Either way, boost your smokey diesel 14 pound and give it a hard life for 40k, then come back to me.
I dont really like to give my cars "a hard life" i've got a specific vehicle for a specific job. Performance isnt one of those jobs.

Who gives a **** about a stock diesels life
Considering this is a thread about the distance travelled i'd say it's pretty relevant.

no crap they can go forever, so can a stock L27 or 36.

Forever you say? Oh...wait, argueing semantics makes you cry.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Lol, you put so much effort in. Go you.

If you want to quote bits and pieces and wander off on a tangent feel free. Arguing about the way I wrote that 14 pounds of boost and 120%+ the manufacturers intended power output, over a tough 40k without a problem is an amazing thing from a bog stock motor, just proves my point. You quoted half the paragraph so you created the 'incorrect' bit, you're a bit like this thing called the media.

Why other members lick your asshole and call it ice cream is beyond me. I'm assuming it's because the only time I see you post is in a V6 thread to start something inconsequentially stupid to the intended message. Instead of clarifying you simply attack, and you don't even own a V6, lol.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
^jelly of the ass-lickings!!

my odometers on 247,000, engine was freshened up ~54,000ks ago when i put it in, chassis has unknown km on it. still goes like a cut cat!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
170,000km with AFM on e85. Serviced as per handbook with supplementary information from Oil Life Monitor. Used high zinc oil since 100,000km.
1000km burns about two tanks of locally grown ethanol every week.
That's 2 1/4 full mini-tankers of fuel, or 3/4 tanker per annum.
Waste of resources? 500hp on tap with more pulling power than same BSFC turbo diesel, support QLD primary industry, less carbon / km than any other method of transport.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol, you put so much effort in. Go you.

If you want to quote bits and pieces and wander off on a tangent feel free. Arguing about the way I wrote that 14 pounds of boost and 120%+ the manufacturers intended power output, over a tough 40k without a problem is an amazing thing from a bog stock motor, just proves my point. You quoted half the paragraph so you created the 'incorrect' bit, you're a bit like this thing called the media.

Why other members lick your asshole and call it ice cream is beyond me. I'm assuming it's because the only time I see you post is in a V6 thread to start something inconsequentially stupid to the intended message. Instead of clarifying you simply attack, and you don't even own a V6, lol.
Pretty sure my VY is a 6.....

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
when we sold the misses 94 landcrusier had 540000 on it dual fuel original everthing(highways kms)

all our VEs are at 36000 (SS Ute10/08) 76000(SS sedan 9/09) and berlina(93000 12/09)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
That's near on 40k with a 14 pound blower and she's still purring like a kitten. Power capabilities aside there's very few engines on this earth that can handle a really tough life like a Buick V6.

calm down. my GTST skyline was dialled up to 18 for the entire time i had it (something like 60k kms) and held up like a champ.

ALL HAIL DATSUN!!!