Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many K's?

ianf

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS 'S' Utility
:surprise:What is the best anyone has had out of an ecotec before either rebuilding or throwing?, I have a vs ute that has now done 320,000 and apart from a harmonic balancer I need to replace now it still goes great, it's a bit heavy on the juice and I normally change the oil & filter every 10,000 to 12,000 K but my aircon and cruise control all still work, she blows no smoke, uses bugger all oil, ( now I have said this it will blow up next week for sure!) but I thought I would see what sort of K's others have achieved with there's???.

mrv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive V8 S speed
Our VS work wagon which gets constant abuse has over 330,000k, and still going strong. It only ever gets short runs of only a few k at a time, at full noise, even cold. It is starting to blue a wee puff of smoke on acceleration, but good otherwise. Gets serviced ever 6 months, which is generally only about 3 or 4000 k's.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
:surprise:What is the best anyone has had out of an ecotec before either rebuilding or throwing?, I have a vs ute that has now done 320,000 and apart from a harmonic balancer I need to replace now it still goes great, it's a bit heavy on the juice and I normally change the oil & filter every 10,000 to 12,000 K but my aircon and cruise control all still work, she blows no smoke, uses bugger all oil, ( now I have said this it will blow up next week for sure!) but I thought I would see what sort of K's others have achieved with there's???.

How often do you replace the fuel filter?

Mine has around the same as yours, but now uses much less fuel since I have owned it , replaced oxygen sensors, fuel filter and serivced the injectors. I normaly change the oil twice a year....

sik_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac, VR Berlina, VE 'V'
yeah if using alot of fuel consider fuel filter, air filter, plugs or an injector clean. doing all of the above will improve fuel economy and throttle response. also the throttle body after that many km will have alot of residue from blowby, cleaning that also helps with fuel economy

mikman42

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Mine has done 323,224km and just blown the inlet manifold gaskets.I bought some Mace Aluminium gaskets and now (touch wood) the VS LG2 is running fine
Cheers

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Just ticked over 390,000km.All original drive train.Over the last 150,000km I've replaced TPS,CAS,fuel pump,coil pack(incl.DFI module), starter motor and fitted a
4 point IRS kit.Everything else I've done over the years has just been normal servicing except that I've always changed oil and filter every 5k,plugs every 40k,trans- mission fluid,brake fluid,coolant,power steering fluid and plug leads every 80k.I've replaced tyres,brakes,shocks,bushes,tie rod ends etc.a number of times but that's just normal wear and tear and I reckon it's been pretty good.

nathanshnoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
my VS exec has done 320,000 and still runs fine (apart from currently not running on gas) i'm doing new leads and plugs very soon too

Paul13pp

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Exec Wagon
My VS wagon has well over 390k clocked up. (stuck on this) The speedo has never counted up since I have owned it.
It uses a litre of oil every 2000 klm's or so, but starts and runs fine each day.
It really only blows smoke that I can see in the rear view mirror after it has been running for half an hour or so.
I recently drove to Canberra from Brisbane with no problems other than feeling pissed off every time I took off at a set of traffic lights watching the cloud of smoke in the rear view mirror! lol

Great car and one day I shall change the engine for a better one.

Bryce_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
119XXX. Had to replace radiator. Lowest that I found when searching for my first car. :)