Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much does paint cost?

Salmon

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
im looking at respraying my VT commodore Turismo Blue, like on the vz SS'. how much paint would i need and how much u rekon it would cost? cheers

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Doing it yourself?

If your getting it done professionally, it is best to take it to a few local reputably panel pushers and asking them for a quote

Salmon

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
is it too hard to give an answer?

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909

Salmon

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
If you don't know then just post rubbish. It is the JC way! It will depend on the brand mate. For example Glasurit will be more expensive than Standox. I think Standox is what Holden uses. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject can help you out.

Maybe try this place, they're in your neck of the woods.

Automotive Paints Perth, WA, Panel Beating Tools, Spray Equipment & Spray Booths

Yes, different paint shops will quote different prices..

you will need about 5L of paint.

good luck.

Thankyou that gives me some information, illjust get some quotes. see what im looking at

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
how could you possibly tell that it needs 5 litres? if its a colour change it could use a tonne more colour than that due to having to repaint all the jams and inners. it make take 2ltrs it may take 8, as mentioned different brands of paint will cost you different prices. you can get 6 litres of 2k white from painmobile for 200 bucks, or you could get 4 litrs of glasurit clear for 4 grand.

and then there is all the other crap you will need, 40, 80, 120, 400, 600, 800, 1200, 2000 paper, bog/polyester, primer, high fill, base colour, clear, gun cleaner, prepsol, 2k thiners, 2k reducer, anti silicone drops, measuring cups, paint mixers, etc etc etc.

each one of those items comes in a cheap-and-nasty version or a arm-and-a-leg version, and just saying "how much will paint cost" will not get you a great answer due to the variables.

your best bet is to take it to a panel beater so they can sight the car and tell you how much it is gonna use, then start pricing things up from paint stores.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
5L of debeer should do the job imo. id pay around 450 i think but thats my price.
debeer is a 1-1 ratio giving you 10L/20 pots @ 500ml per pot.
its not the best covering color too from memory so id get a few ltrs of some light blue ground coat to be safe.

if you want to be able to tell your mates that you had your car painted in glas or spies hecker from start to finish be prepared to nearly double your material costs...

T3T4VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Manual Wagon / VS V6 Manual Supercharged
I know my boss pays about $100 - 150 per L of Spies, and I payed $100 a L for Debeer paint from the body shop.. The d3be3r wagon is mintttt