Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] how much is my ute worth

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Slap $3k on it as is and get it off your plate.

By the time you spend the money to fix it you will be invested a lot more than what it is worth if you're looking for a fix and sell flip. Also, there is no belt in the motor to be replaced.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
It would appear that it needs a shedload of uneconomical repairs for it to acceptable to an unsuspecting buyer.
I'd suggest bolting a new ute to the great sounding exhaust.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
With out reg and rwc you'll be lucky to get $1500 what would it cost to get it RWC? The type of people that would be interested in a 12 year old ute that requires work wont want to pay much with 12 months rego and a rwc $6k would be hard to get with dints and a rough interia

zeezbrah

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 svz ute
With out reg and rwc you'll be lucky to get $1500 what would it cost to get it RWC? The type of people that would be interested in a 12 year old ute that requires work wont want to pay much with 12 months rego and a rwc $6k would be hard to get with dints and a rough interia

I put up an ad for it on fb marketplace yesterday without listing the price and work to be done for it and got all sorts of offers, some 2k, some 4.5k, 4k. Took down the ad as i didnt want to sell it without knowing the actual price haha. I guess it costs about 1500 to get a rwc, . I'll fix up bit by bit , get it registered and keep it.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Take the $4.5k as quick as possible . Remember facebook is full of tossers that tell bullshit. What have you been offered in person when someone has had a look at it?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
6 cyl yeah? The old Alloy Tech probably needs a lot spent on it. ECUs are pretty common fail point on VZs and SH one will probably fail as well. If it hasn't been looked after the engine is probably full of sludge and needs the sump, timing cover and manifold removed for thorough cleaning. Coils will be something else to fail unless they have been done. Need to go gen with those as most others fail pretty quickly.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No belt but timing chains should be replaced while the cover is off. 500 bucks worth of panel work won't get much done. It will be closer to his higher price, once he has finished.

zeezbrah

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 svz ute
Thanks for the replies everyone. Decided to keep it.

I see the same model, same color, similar kms for sale 8k-11k on gumtree, fb, carsales. Considering i got this almost free i'll just fix it up and use as a secondary vehicle.