Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much to pay for a VE 2 SV6 Sportswagon?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I'd be checking out the warranty . The car is fitted with the new type of Victorian plates ( starting with a number then 2 letters then a number and 2 letters as apposed to 3 letters then 3 numbers ) which were issued from 8/2013 so it looks like it has been re registered at some stage so it might not have 12 months warranty . She could have bought it in January 2012 so you might have less warranty than you would get from a car dealer. Just something to think about .
Starting to look just not right good pickup Dayvo
If she got it in December 2012 it would be a MY12.5 no??

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
glass half full thinking :)

The car is fitted with the new type of Victorian plates ( starting with a number then 2 letters then a number and 2 letters as apposed to 3 letters then 3 numbers ) which were issued from 8/2013
Maybe owner had personalised plates and transferred to new car or put them in storage to sell this car, so had to put new plates on it? (not sure how it works in Vic, but plausible in NSW).

If she got it in December 2012 it would be a MY12.5 no??
I bought me 2009 wagon a few years ago from a dealer and it was advertised as an MY09. Thanks to JC threads I recently found out it's an MY09.5 - maybe this guy thinks his is MY12 and like the average person has no idea of the interim model update/release?

theconcierege

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE ute
been trying to call the owner but no reply... must have sold it. hunt continues

Ash@DVS

Reaction score
Website
www.dvs.net.au
Members Ride
VE Wagon
My initial concern would be 'why does it have new rego plates'? - there may very well be a valid reason but it's something I'd ask.

eg. In my own case, I recently sold my VZ wagon. I wanted to keep the plates from it but I explained that to the buyer and didnt arrange new plates until a couple of days before pick-up.