Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much trouble is he in

Azwellaz

Kickin' it ole skool
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT SS 5.0
He will go in, and they will charge him with neg driving.

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a traffic cop, Your normal person will panic and immediately go into the station. THIS IS WRONG, it arouses contempt in the cop heart.

Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

LMFAO, best movie ever!

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
edit> dont worry, drunken me posted on the wrong thread :smoking:

Good to hear it worked out

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
Haven't been active in ages. Was $800 in fines, no loss of license,
no court, no lawyers, no fines from QR. Went light with him
Was a coal train, light load because the coal loader where they fill up stuffed up so train had to leave

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Waitin' for a train?

Lawyer up? No, worse advice ever. The police see the lawyer and straight away go harder. If your mate shows up with a lawyer then he is already admitting that there is something to defend. Don't take a lawyer, just get him to go in and answer the questions. The police are not the bad guys, they have received a complaint so they are DOING THEIR JOB, by following it up.

Probably the best advice would be to ring QR first and see if there is a penalty for forcing a train to stop. Also, ask under what circumstances a train can be stopped without charge.

Did your mate think that everyone would just have a laugh about it and call him a ######## and be on their way? QR has procedures and protocols and they are just following them by making a report. Stopping a train is pretty serious, so he has to go and explain his actions.

He was on QR property, they own a set distance either side of the track (10m I think?) and at best he would be trespassing on QR property.

It is actually worse than that potentially, this is a "near miss" from an OHS stand point, here in NZ it would be a massive deal with the department of labour and the police being involved.

To be honest what is done is done, but if it were me I would be going to the interview and answering all direct questions truthfully.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I possibly think , that he might gotten it sorted now as its over a year old . But you are right in NZ some one would be going for a scate , and again facing up to it would have been the best option .

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a traffic cop, Your normal person will panic and immediately go into the station. THIS IS WRONG, it arouses contempt in the cop heart.

Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

tumblr_mj6hlakXxa1qg4blro1_500.gif

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Dont think they can do anyone in that situation for neg or undue care as there were no witnesses to the event.

The rail people could go him for trespassing etc if they wanted but thats about it.

Who is gonna testify he was doing stupid **** ?