Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How often do you drink? (Now with added zero option)

How many days a week (average) do you drink alcohol?

Votes: 23 18.7%

Votes: 13 10.6%

Votes: 15 12.2%

Votes: 5 4.1%

Votes: 7 5.7%

Votes: 4 3.3%

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • None

Votes: 46 37.4%

• Total voters

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
What the hell, alcohol is a drug.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345803945.759363.jpg

The only reason everyone gets on their high horse when someone who doesn't drink proclaims alcohol is a drug is because it is legal. If speed was legal it would not be frowned upon and would be everywhere.

And no I am not a churchy, I used to smash bottles every weekend and done my fair share of everything. I just don't need it, that is all.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01

View attachment 147644

The only reason everyone gets on their high horse when someone who doesn't drink proclaims alcohol is a drug is because it is legal. If speed was legal it would not be frowned upon and would be everywhere.

And no I am not a churchy, I used to smash bottles every weekend and done my fair share of everything. I just don't need it, that is all.

Did you not read Dakster's post? You, my good man, are what we call a wowser. You shouldn't go projecting your behaviour on others. I see a projective personality disorder here.. Are you a conservative, politically and socially?

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
Nah lol I just broke up with my girlfriend of two years and didn't read any posts and got angry. I'm also now homeless. Don't bother reading all what I have just wrote above. I'm not in the right state to post this ****. Bye.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
turn off your bluetooth, battery will last much longer ;)

View attachment 147644

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Alcohol is also addictive, ask anyone who attends AA. Nicotene is considered much more addictive than Heroin too, and the cumulative side effects of the way Nicotene is ingested is actually much more damaging to your health than Heroin. I am NOT advocating Heroin use here, simply stating facts. A controlled Heroin addict with the financial means and social contacts to buy the stuff with consistent quality and strength can survive a lifetime without anyone ever knowing he/her had anything to do with the stuff.

Cigarettes, however, WILL damage your body in one way or another, either disabling or killing you. So will alcohol in excessive quantities, and so many studies have been done with varying results but the one thing they agree on is that more than a handful of standard drinks weekly on a constant basis equates to that excessive quantity.

Again, not being a wowser here. I am a smoker, its killing me. I still havent given up. Of course, in my case, I am not so worried because MND is going to beat the fags to it lol... My dad drank himself to death, that was his choice too.

So long as you can afford your addiction and it in no way affects anyone else too much, go for it :)

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Nah lol I just broke up with my girlfriend of two years and didn't read any posts and got angry. I'm also now homeless. Don't bother reading all what I have just wrote above. I'm not in the right state to post this ****. Bye.

While I I might have a certain amount of sympathy if that is the case, it does not absolve what you have said. I do hope **** works out for you though. Everyone deserves a little happiness, to a degree, in their life in the sense of what they make of it. I hope yours goes well.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Guys can we not judge based on how many drinks we have a week?

I totally haven't hada few by the way heheeh

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
First in ages! Haha. Tasty cider. (All that was in the fridge that I liked)

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I serve my kids non alcoholic wine sometimes with meals. A good wine can make a meal, but it doesnt need to have alcohol in it to be good. They understand that already. The older girl I would probably allow an occasional alcoholic beverage if she asked, because I believe she is a responsible girl. She hasnt asked, which proves that in my view :).

I have friends that serve their kids alcoholic wine, to 'teach them responsible drinking'. I dont believe it does so, it simply introduces them to the stuff sooner. All I hear their kids say is 'I cant wait until I am 18 so I can buy my own'.

I believe it has a lot to do with your socio-economic circumstances and your peers whether you choose to drink or not. My kids arent around alcohol very much, and their peers dont appear to be either. They know of a few kids that drink, but they have low opinions of those..

They also have very low opinions of smokers, they are most forthright in disliking the smell of me, it hurts sometimes but of course I deserve it. I am, with my habit, affecting them, and thats not fair. Of course I would never dream of smoking in a room they frequent, and certainly not with them there. I only smoke in one of my cars, my little runaround Kia, but they never get in that.. it stinks of smoke lol

Thats not to say getting smashed in the comfort of your own home watching footy with your mates is a bad thing either (real mates dont fight even when pissed). Everyone needs something dont they? When your kids dont ever get to see you sober, and you are always too busy with your mates as was the case with my Dad, it becomes a major problem. When you drive home drunk (not paralytic, just maybe not quite tipping the limit even) with your kids or better half in the car, and many do regardless of what they may say, its a very big problem.

Everything in balance.