Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How the hell do truckie get away with it?

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
on wednesday night i was travelling to a mates house ( from brisbane north to brisbane west, using the M1 ) was pretty late at night bout 10pm, roads where bare, so i just cruised along at 100ks, all of a sudden i see a friggin B double flyin up behind me, highbeam blareing i though frig it i cant see so i let him go past ( he was doin at least 120ks! ) by the time the last trailer was upto my back door and almost the boot of my car he started to merge!!! and quickly!! i locked it up to avoid a collision ( and at 100kph with front locked up is a lil scary lol ) he didnt get the hint and still came over, he was within inchs of my drivers side door so i had to swerve i ran off the road, down the embankment ( to give you an idea of how high the embankment is, it stands about 2 foot above the roof of the VN, lept the VN about 1 foot off the ground ) narrowly avoiding a huge ass tree ( thank god the hand brake works ) swerved and narrowly avoided that ( when i mean narrow i think i scared 20yrs off this tree i was dead certain i was gonna hit ) :bang: and hitting that huge ass tree at about 80kph would not be fun!!!! :bang: finally fish tailed to a stop ( on wet grass mind you ) got out checked for damages, grass everwhere, bumper was a little scewiff other than that everything seemed cool, NOW trying to get out of this bloody ditch took me 20 mins of driving on the grass and almost getting bogged several times i managed to get out, AND THE STUPID TRUCK DRIVE DIDNT EVEN STOP!!!!! :bang: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

now i'm not sticking up for the truck driver,but have you driven a B double? especially at night with lights flared,distance can be impaired,allowing for mis judgement of your car,then on the other hand he may well of been a young cowboy....i can't say,it didn't happen to me,as pointed out by tree cutter,i agree with his statement,there are many factors contributing to trucks(company bosses pushing their drivers) and cars.
now correct me if i'm wrong,wasn't it the government that wanted B doubles introduced,after a trial run to see how it coped with in australian conditions.

what is the legal age for B double drivers over your way? i thought it was 30 over here,but i could well be wrong,as i have seen drivers that look 20..*shrugs*

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
That truck should have a speed limiter on it. It would be illegal for it not to have one.

shumway

Son of satan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 6/71 blown and injected 355 V6
i cant wait to see what the truck drivers on here will say,as always they will come out with it must have been your fualt and other rubbish like that.Its about time australian drivers put their foot down and say some thing about these wankers instead of hoping the next guy will do it.Every time the truckies dont get there way they shut down australian roads in protest,mayby we as car drivers should do the same to these wankers and see how they like it when their families cant eat as their not bringing in an income.But i guess we wont have a say in anything as truckies are a law unto themselves and we just have to put up with it.Just remember boys truckies **** dont stink.BTW spacattack glad to here you werent hurt ,not that the midnight cowboy gives a ****

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
now i'm not sticking up for the truck driver,but have you driven a B double? especially at night with lights flared,distance can be impaired,allowing for mis judgement of your car,then on the other hand he may well of been a young cowboy....i can't say,it didn't happen to me,as pointed out by tree cutter,i agree with his statement,there are many factors contributing to trucks(company bosses pushing their drivers) and cars.
now correct me if i'm wrong,wasn't it the government that wanted B doubles introduced,after a trial run to see how it coped with in australian conditions.

what is the legal age for B double drivers over your way? i thought it was 30 over here,but i could well be wrong,as i have seen drivers that look 20..*shrugs*

iv drivin a B double at night, also drivin a road train, if you dont know how to drive it then don't, simple as that, if you cant judge where your rear trailer is then you shouldn't be driving a truck let alone a B double, and where i was positioned up the side of him he could see me quite clearly if he cant then he needs his eyes checked :thumbsup:

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
i would of gotten his number plate if i wasnt so busy tryin not to roll the car lol, i know not all truckie are bar ( most of my life is spent around trucks ) but theres idiots out there that think they are god

When he's dragging that many tone he is god cause he can end you if he hits you. Old man's a ambo and I can assure you after being hit by a truck there ain't much left of ya.

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
iv drivin a B double at night, also drivin a road train, if you dont know how to drive it then don't, simple as that, if you cant judge where your rear trailer is then you shouldn't be driving a truck let alone a B double, and where i was positioned up the side of him he could see me quite clearly if he cant then he needs his eyes checked :thumbsup:

no thats fair enough,i stated i wasn't there,but B doubles are hard to judge at night, with your lights now shining towards him,as he overtook you...

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
When he's dragging that many tone he is god cause he can end you if he hits you. Old man's a ambo and I can assure you after being hit by a truck there ain't much left of ya.

yeh aint that true, i was moving my uncles cattle one day ( 4 trailers long ), the 2nd trailer collasped ( i mean literly, it just bent and broke right down the middle ) luckly i was only goin about 60kph when it happened

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
i cant wait to see what the truck drivers on here will say,as always they will come out with it must have been your fualt and other rubbish like that.Its about time australian drivers put their foot down and say some thing about these wankers instead of hoping the next guy will do it.Every time the truckies dont get there way they shut down australian roads in protest,mayby we as car drivers should do the same to these wankers and see how they like it when their families cant eat as their not bringing in an income.But i guess we wont have a say in anything as truckies are a law unto themselves and we just have to put up with it.Just remember boys truckies **** dont stink.BTW spacattack glad to here you werent hurt ,not that the midnight cowboy gives a ****

yeah sure there are idiots driving trucks,you should hear the oldies getting on their UHF's abusing the hell out of these cowboy drivers,in fact i have seen drivers nearly coming to blows,me included,had this young cowboy abuse the hell out of me,because he reckoned i didn't leave enough room for him to manouvre his semi around an intersection,i hoped out of my truck,while the light was red..LOL and hollard out get back here,he jab his brakes on,making out he was going to stop,but kept going,so i got on the UHF and blasted him that way,as he was a bluesteel driver,haven't seen him on the road since....

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph

Just like every P plater does when something is said about them. FFS one individual doesnt make a group problem. Grow up.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain

I'm a truck driver, does that make me a wanker?
There are some cowboys in the industry granted, and what happened above is certainly unacceptable and he/she should be reported and lose their licence.
I am just sick to death of being pigeon holed, i obey the laws and fill in my log book, i have from time to time accidently cut people off when merging but hey, i'm not perfect.
I am in no way making excuses for rogue truck drivers, as far as i'm concerned they are on their own if they brake the law but don't slag off the rest of us.
Let me ask you, have you driven a truck?
Mabye you should before you make comments like that.
Also remember there are cowboys in EVERY industry, not just transport.