Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to change the pollen filter?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I put one in my VE on the weekend . Took about 2 minutes . Bought the Ryco filter and it was a snug fit cost $30. Just rip put the mesh with a pair of pointy nose pliers .

That's a bit rough! Apart from butchering the car, you are committing to replacing the paper element every six months. Leave the mesh in an get industrial antimicrobial HVAC filtration matting, about $5 each.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
If your ve doesnt have a pollen filter, it will just have that cheap filter on ? and you will need to fit a proper one yourself ?

Where can i buy one for the ve ?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
If your ve doesnt have a pollen filter, it will just have that cheap filter on ? and you will need to fit a proper one yourself ?Where can i buy one for the ve ?
Unless specified, VE / VF have a plastic leaf screen. Holden spares have a filter element which is ineffective and cumbersome and relatively expensive to maintain. To fit this paper filter cartridge you rip out the leaf screen.However I have a better solution, see video. I am happy to send members one to see the difference for the cost of postage. Brilliant thing to keep indoor air quality perfect. Then you can take control and DIY or whatever.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
That's a bit rough! Apart from butchering the car, you are committing to replacing the paper element every six months. Leave the mesh in an get industrial antimicrobial HVAC filtration matting, about $5 each.

Removing the mesh filter isn't exactly butchering your car.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Removing it so you can reinstall it isn't butchering it, no. Ripping it apart with a pair of pointy nosed pliers and leaving no screen in that place is unnecessary surgery if not butchery.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Removing it so you can reinstall it isn't butchering it, no. Ripping it apart with a pair of pointy nosed pliers and leaving no screen in that place is unnecessary surgery if not butchery.

Ok i'll rephrase it. I removed the mesh filter with a pair of pointy nosed pliers as per instructions . carefully placed it in the shed so when the filter needs replacing I fit an anti microbial HEPA cabin filter as per your video Cheers :beer chug:

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Unless specified, VE / VF have a plastic leaf screen. Holden spares have a filter element which is ineffective and cumbersome and relatively expensive to maintain. To fit this paper filter cartridge you rip out the leaf screen.However I have a better solution, see video. I am happy to send members one to see the difference for the cost of postage. Brilliant thing to keep indoor air quality perfect. Then you can take control and DIY or whatever.

Bugger. I replaced mine with the paper filter :) Where'd you get your HVAC filtration matting?