Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to convert a V6 tacho to suit a V8

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
i never bothered to check the value, just pulled it outta me old one, but now wish id modded the temp guage, it is a fair way diff, my guage never gets over a needle under 1/4, where it should sit just uner half, so if it gets to half way between 1/4 and half id be worried as i have no idea how hot it is then, only time i saw it come above a 1/4 tho wasd balck sat when a/c was goin full and i was fair hammerin to get to party in time lol

bandidoben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon
Thread dig I no!! I have a vs level 2 the tachometer looks nothing like the one pictured. It only has r1 r2 r3. No r4 or r5 Does anyone have any idea what I have to do to convert my v6 one to v8?? Need help ASAP.

orinoko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina S2
Just letting you all know, the new resistor for R2 is *not* 220k, as suggested in the howto and subsequent posts.

On a V6 tacho, R2 is 220k (Red Red Yellow), which is moved over to R3. The now empty R2 is replaced with what appears to be a 2.2M (Red Red Black Yellow Brown) 1% tolerance resistor. Have a look at bilbs' V8 tacho example for R2, as well as the second photo in this post.

I don't mean to be rude, but as pow3rslave stated, R2 *is* not a 220k 5% tolerance resistor as stated by the bilbs, but 2.2M (2.2 Megohm) 1% tolerance resistor as shown in two pics...