Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to: disble low fuel warning

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Place blocks of steel in fuel tank. Based on their volume the fuel light will be delayed.

The extra weight of fuel is pretty negligible in the scheme of things. I have a friend who claims that one and then builds a 18mm ply false floor in his 4runner to keep all his 4wding stuff under (permanently!!!)

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Ok, the only proper solution to 'fix' this issue, is to remove the sender unit from the tank, noting how it sits in the tank and very gentle bend the float arm down say 5mm. I don't know how much u will need to bend the arm, but u may have to test this out a few times removing then bending a little.

Pros: will set back the low fuel chime
Cons: the gauge wont read correctly, ie when full the needle may over shoot the F, and the distance to empty, say u normally get 100kms, u may only get 30kms

I personally would do this, but if ur over the chime and too tight to spare another $10-$20, then this may help u out.

Just thinking about the reason the chime is there prior to the light or the gauge getting low is so the pump is still submerged in fuel keeping it cool and less likely to fail on u due u it getting hot. The fuel acts like engine coolant.

Its bold for a reason!

MY VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Yep. I'm pretty sure it doesn't come on until your doing 25kph.

My VZ does the same thing, from start up let it idle in the drive way and after a while it will beep slowly and flash the seat belt warning. If i then start driving it will start beeping more frequently untill you put your belt on.

The thing that annoys me is that there is no warning that one of the doors aren't closed properly, either that or mine just doesn't work

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
The seatbelt warning comes on as mentioned at 25kph, but will also beep slowly if you have the engine running an no belt on for about 1.30 or 2 mins, can't remember the exact time

However it's a simple 30 second job to disable via tech 2 or other scan tool. I've done it myself to 3 cars.

The dash board has a door ajar warning light in it, even an exec dash, but their not connected. You can wire it into the Bcm, there's a thread where a few of us worked it out but it doesn't work properly, it only works when the lights come on so the door can be ajar but no light comes on.

Search the vz section for lazarus to find it

MY VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
oh ok i think i will just double check them before getting in, why would they have it there but not have it connected????