Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get 202 to pull 12 seconds

Gazza2005au

Reaction score
Been looking for a timing pulley 5mm pitch 25mm width to hook it up to a little test engine but gee they are expensive $140-$290

Manuf website says to use Gilmer Drive part no: PCE155.1011

A video on youtube suggested a 130mm diameter pulley that is huge $$$$

Does anyone know there gilmer drive sizes from the above code?

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
A few years back, I was talking to a shop about a 202 they were building for a Torrie.....They had a specially designed head made by Yella Terra at the cost of $13,000. trade cost.....

Then you have to add in roller rockers, pushrod guides, hardened pushrods, manifold, (port matched) injections system (or carb/s)....So I'd expect about $20K for the top end....

Then you go to the bottom end.....So expect no change from $40K.....
my friend done his apprentachip at the holden dealer in golbourn nsw so he woul service the cop cars etc. this was 1969 to 73 and then continued to work there for 10 more years or so. h knows red motors inside out. he was telling me a story about test driving a gtr cop car with a 161 triple strombergs and he clocked it at 124 miles an hour. i believe him. 100% percent. anyway, he bulit a 186 for me a couple of years ago and this thing stood up. nice cam, 202 head, ported etc roller rockers and not much else. but fully balanced it to the minute and factory torqued evry nut and bolt to factory specs. a well balanced blueprinted red motor like i said with a matching cam to head and tuned exaust and the carbie the motor want, be whatever will get you humming bro.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
my friend done his apprentachip at the holden dealer in golbourn nsw so he woul service the cop cars etc. this was 1969 to 73 and then continued to work there for 10 more years or so. h knows red motors inside out. he was telling me a story about test driving a gtr cop car with a 161 triple strombergs and he clocked it at 124 miles an hour. i believe him. 100% percent. anyway, he bulit a 186 for me a couple of years ago and this thing stood up. nice cam, 202 head, ported etc roller rockers and not much else. but fully balanced it to the minute and factory torqued evry nut and bolt to factory specs. a well balanced blueprinted red motor like i said with a matching cam to head and tuned exaust and the carbie the motor want, be whatever will get you humming bro.

A 202 head on a 186???? Very unusual....It's generally the other way round