Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to get my pods to whistle

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
hi i have a pair of k&n pod filters, my mate has some cheap ones and his whistle, i want mine to whistle, ive heard that if you put a bit of metal or something in there they whistle? any ideas? thanks

Rolla_Rolla'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ke30 Rolla'
What you do is, just take the pod off completely, so your intake pipe, is not covered, you get a good sound, and better air flow, thus making better power and economy.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
What you do is, just take the pod off completely, so your intake pipe, is not covered, you get a good sound, and better air flow, thus making better power and economy.

and shag your engine :banstick:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
K & N pods are overpriced. Sell them to another idiot and recoup your money. Buy SAAS or Drift brand pod and your set.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
K&N Products are great, and not overpriced for what your getting. If they do not make the size you are after i'd buy drift, but always K&N First because their cotton weave filters work very well when properly oiled..

Not sure on the whistle though mate, possibly a hole in your mate's pod filter??

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Out of curiosity why do you have 2 pod filters?

EDIT: Nix this I saw your pictures in the MACE V6 thread.

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
i got a drift pod and mine whistles/ sucks really loud....its freaken annoying thinking of reverting back to standard air box....i thought all ecotecs mad that noise with a pod?

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
i got a drift pod and mine whistles/ sucks really loud....its freaken annoying thinking of reverting back to standard air box....i thought all ecotecs mad that noise with a pod?

its not the ecotec that whistles, its the pod, my mate has a vn s2,
no to the statement above about the whole in the pod there is no whole in it, its how they are when you buy them new
and honestly who is that stupid to run it without a filter? espceially where i am, dust storms galore, as well as locus plaiges at the present