Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to get my springs to sit in place when lowering the car off the jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaizee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack 3.8 Ecotec
i chopped my springs, but i don't really know how to lower the car and getting the spring in place, any ideas

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You need to get shortened shocks and struts and proper lowered springs so the springs dont come out of their seats etc when the car is jacked up. Its illegal and dangerous for them to be loose like this.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
i chopped my springs, but i don't really know how to lower the car and getting the spring in place, any ideas

Hope you have a fire suit.... If you can't even sit a spring in right your doing it wrong. Sounds like you haven't done a proper job with your full sick cut springs.

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon

Idea would be to not do this for your own sake plus other road users, look around on eBay or go to your local wreckers & pick up some used FE2 springs as they have usually settled or sagged a little or a lot depending on use.

This will fill the need in the short term to go lower while saving some dosh for proper short stop shocks, struts & proper SL Kings.

Chopped springs will not sit properly in the coil seats & you would most likely be there all day trying to do this with no avail.. like Brett_JJ & Wraith have indicated this is not good man - just cut your losses & do as stated above at the very least!

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
This is the type of person that makes it hard for the people that do things right. How about you leave the car alone and catch the bus. It would be a far safer proposition for everyone.

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
Springs are designed to be CAPTIVE in the strut... Hence the need for spring compressors to install/remove them.

Shorter springs, need shorter struts... No IF's, AND's or BUT's!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
It is illegal to cut your springs. You are a danger on the roads. For the safety of yourself and other road users please have new springs fitted before driving.

I am closing this thread as we cannot give advice on illegal and unsafe modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.