Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get rid of hostile stalkers who talegate u?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I once had someone itching for me to move, when I was in the right lane on the freeway, about 105 in a 100, I was overtaking people on the left yet he really really wanted me to move, so I didn't give a **** if I was holding him up, he can overtake on the left if he wants to speed but as long as I'm in the right lane and am overtaking people, the people behind me can suck a fat one

It's people like you that piss me off lol.

If someone were to come up behind me like that I would just move over into a gap and let them pass, once they have gone past, I would move back over. When I come up behind someone doing that, it pisses me off that they won't just move over for the 5 - 10 seconds it would take me to go past.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I once had someone itching for me to move, when I was in the right lane on the freeway, about 105 in a 100, I was overtaking people on the left yet he really really wanted me to move, so I didn't give a **** if I was holding him up, he can overtake on the left if he wants to speed but as long as I'm in the right lane and am overtaking people, the people behind me can suck a fat one

I'm with you if some nut wants to drive more than 10% over the limit let them dodge and weave as well as drive too fast. RHS of the road sees me constantly passing people and it's smoother too. If you want to do 120 in the right lane you chop and change.

Not only that you do go over and you get stuck in the slow traffic just so some peanut can speed excessively.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
So you were in the RH lane? And your speedo is accurate? You were doing the limit? Or did your speedo say you were doing the limit?

Even if you are doing the limit in the RH lane, that is still an offence unless you are overtaking. Anything 90km/h and over you must keep left unless overtaking.

Another thing, sitting in the RH lane sitting bang on the limit is irritating though, I sit about 5-7k's over, if I want to do 20 over, that's my right, just because you are doing the limit, you are taking away my right to speed. Same thing you were doing to the truck driver. If he wants to speed, that is his right, you are holding him up, just get out of the way.

It might be your right to want to do 20 over, but the moment you do 1km there is a whole road safety act that says it isn't :p. Agree with the sentiment of most of your post though.

Reaper

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Is it just me, or are these road raging idiots becoming more of a problem on a weekly basis? That's bad when people are that violent and that much of a loose unit they are prepared to try and ram you off the road, follow you home whatever because you may have upset them whilst they are driving? Even if someone cuts you off, etc, that's no excuse to be pursuing harm onto them.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
has anyone noticed it seems to occur more on 3+ lane roads?
dont seem to notice it much on 2 lane highways and freeways

(talking about people not keeping left and then getting tailgated)

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It might be your right to want to do 20 over, but the moment you do 1km there is a whole road safety act that says it isn't :p. Agree with the sentiment of most of your post though.

Reaper

Totally understand, but the people who stay in the RH lane holding up the traffic that want to go faster, are the ones that usually cause the aggitation and spark road rage incidents.

Just like staying back the proper distance and not tailgating, people can also just move over and let the faster traffic past. Easy isn't it?

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
So you were in the RH lane? And your speedo is accurate? You were doing the limit? Or did your speedo say you were doing the limit?

Even if you are doing the limit in the RH lane, that is still an offence unless you are overtaking. Anything 90km/h and over you must keep left unless overtaking.

Another thing, sitting in the RH lane sitting bang on the limit is irritating though, I sit about 5-7k's over, if I want to do 20 over, that's my right, just because you are doing the limit, you are taking away my right to speed. Same thing you were doing to the truck driver. If he wants to speed, that is his right, you are holding him up, just get out of the way.

Since when does anyone have a right to speed, other than emergency vehicles..? "Free will" is more the correct term.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I also think you fail to understand that those doing a small amount over the speed limit (we're talking 5-10) in the right hand lane - FREQUENTLY pass others in the left lanes going slow and moving over means that you drop out of the rh lane flow and get caught in the 80-90 speed drivers. People who speed excessively have no right to expect me to move and I just laugh at them as they look for every hole and dodge and weave up the highway while I just whack the cruise control on and enjoy my trip, unless there's a big gap I just cruise up the right. It's almost like expecting me to get out of your way so you can run a red light - sounds mental when you put it that way doesn't it? Maybe adjust your speed to something more realistic, oh and when I come up on someone doing bang on 100 or just below in the rh lane.... I just you know - DRIVE AROUND THEM ON THE LEFT...... Tailgaters really just don't phase me, I've learned to be relaxed behind the wheel.

Just remember this, overtaking lane - not speeding lane.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
I also think you fail to understand that those doing a small amount over the speed limit (we're talking 5-10) in the right hand lane - FREQUENTLY pass others in the left lanes going slow and moving over means that you drop out of the rh lane flow and get caught in the 80-90 speed drivers. People who speed excessively have no right to expect me to move and I just laugh at them as they look for every hole and dodge and weave up the highway while I just whack the cruise control on and enjoy my trip, unless there's a big gap I just cruise up the right. It's almost like expecting me to get out of your way so you can run a red light - sounds mental when you put it that way doesn't it? Maybe adjust your speed to something more realistic, oh and when I come up on someone doing bang on 100 or just below in the rh lane.... I just you know - DRIVE AROUND THEM ON THE LEFT...... Tailgaters really just don't phase me, I've learned to be relaxed behind the wheel.

Just remember this, overtaking lane - not speeding lane.

Overtaking lane - not cruising lane. Move the #### over.