Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to install foglights on a vz executive

rowe147

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive
hay mate i have done this , I have a vz exec and it took me a while to get it right i even swapped over the dull halogen light to xeneon's

@Tourqative there are no stock wire looms on the VZ exec possibly on a Lumina/Berlina but not the exec

what you will need for the install ...

some common scenes
a 30 amp pre made relay kit off ebay ($25)
Good speaker wiring
vz SS/CLUBBY pop out light switch off ebay ($40)
lights/ or xeneons either way ($100)
SS/SV6 light covers ($100)

if you look up the Thread i made a post about how to wire up xeneons fog lights to a vz executive
But you will need some understanding about relays to understand.

Link > http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vz-holden-commodore-2004-2006/208549-wiring-up-xeneon-fog-lights-genuine-fog-light-switch-via-relay-problems.html

You could also go to a *GOOD* auto electrician to get them wired them but it will cost you at least $240 (not including all the other stuff you will need) in my opinion not worth it because its possible to do it yourself!

Last edited:

rowe147

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive
Sorry i forgot to answer this but xenon's are not legal in fog-lights simply because they are very bright and are only legal in a projector style lens
i get high beamed by alot of angry drivers every time i use them but meeehhh havent been pulled over by police they even get drivers to move out the way :p

Holden vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Berlins
haha ive done some research on installing them it seems simple I guess ill give it a go

Holden vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Berlins
hey guys need your help again
I got the fog lights working but now the low beam is stuffed I tapped the fogy's into the brown wire at the end of the loom were it connects to the headlights any suggestions

gurtek7444

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore VZ 2006
hi i have fog light wiring and empty relay spot with silver pins in, so what will i have to do next???
thanks

Jake Thompson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore 3.6L V6
Short answer is no, trust me I tried.

While the bezel pops out, there is nothing that fits it. I wasted much money on various bezels.

I ended up buying some of the small round pencil fog lights from supercheap as they fitted in quite well, just cut the hole & stuck it in.

This is the guide a mate did which gave me the idea https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/aftermarket-driving-lights-into-standard-bar.121056 includes photos of his mates wagon.

So the foglight housings for a vz exec cant be replaced with housings from something like say a berlina, svz or lumina?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Most execs will have the wiring sitting there. Requires, foglights, suitable bumper (exec bumper can’t be retro fitted), Headlight switch with fog light switch, relay.