Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] HOW to race your car

robm56

Reaction score
Members Ride
ls1 vx ss sedan
you know whats sad? even if i did have slicks i wouldnt be able to do a burnout standing still, dunno if its converter in gearbox or diff but u cant msh brake and throttle to create a burnout in my car (vz) unlike the older commodores :(, whats the solution to that aye?

i had that problem when i first jumped into my vx ss. haha not used to having to turn off the traction control

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
you know whats sad? even if i did have slicks i wouldnt be able to do a burnout standing still, dunno if its converter in gearbox or diff but u cant msh brake and throttle to create a burnout in my car (vz) unlike the older commodores :(, whats the solution to that aye?
The Alloytec computer limits torque. This is because the 5 speed automatic in the SV6 is weak as piss and would just break otherwise. That's why an Ecotec launches MUCH harder off the line even though the specs say it should have less torque.

It also has a few other anti-fun features, e.g. you can't rev it over 4000rpm in neutral.

The Ecotec has none of that crap and will light 'em up all day long :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Executive 3.8L
the other limiting factor will be the diff, most commies have a 3.08 ratio diff, which is tall for any thing, this is why commies get good economy. changing to a 3.50 or even a 4.11 will give you more acceleration, but a lower top speed and worse economy.

Blazed1101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina

im able to do it in my vy, much to my knoladge they are quite the some electronicly

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
im able to do it in my vy, much to my knoladge they are quite the some electronicly

that is terrible english, your english teacher would be horrified.

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
On street tyres DONT SPIN THE WHEELS it does nothing, they are designed to have traction across all temrature ranges and keep the pressure at the recomended pressure

well mate that is totally wrong, started reading then read this and thought well the rest is probally garbage, i know for a damn fact that i run street tyres, triangles 17x235x45 and they are $135 a pop, cheap and nasty, well 0-100 time will be 6.4 on cold tyres and then with a lil warm up skid pushing 6.0 and that is using a g-tech.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
warmer rubber = more grip, enough said.

Brenah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
ah now i know. thanks tons for the info mate. u think that limits fun? try putting the handbrake on while going 2km/h in drive. feel like the car is bout to fall apart lol

Soo true... **** just goes Bang lol