Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to reduce police attention?

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
I've owned v8 commodores for the last 5years. First a vt2 ss, then a Vt2 hsv with a big cam, twin 2.5in exhaust, 3.9 diff, and 4000 stallie. Now my vt2 hsv has a standard cam, 3.07 diff, twin 2.5in exhaust and hvt1900 supercharger, (and I have put on 19inch gts wheels). I don't drive like an idiot, but am still receiving unwanted police attention. I also have a "ls1 modification shop" sticker sticker on my rear window. Although it is much quieter than before I had the big cam, I've been pulled over by police 3 times in the last 6 months for RBT/license checks/random questioning.

I never once got pulled over before in my ss, or even the hsv with big cam and 18in wheels. The question is, why all this unwanted attention all of a sudden? Is it the bigger rims? The mod shop sticker?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
The mod shop sticker wouldn't be helping your case. Go stealth. I drive a VT Calais on SSL & 20's and never get pulled over.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
im gunna take a guess at the sticker, my car, really, is way too loud, on superlows all round and big dinnerplate 20's but its clean, no badges/stickers (except for a small "disturb the peace" sticker on my rear window) and i have cops behind me and beside me in traffic all the time, i even overtake them if theyre doing under the speed limit, maybe im just lucky? or maybe the coppers in your area are just bored and are checking up on you? as long as its just for RBT/license checks/random questioning and your not actually getting defected or anything i spose its not really all that bad is it?

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Umm... you drive a Commodore :p

Nah mate, I know a few coppers, generally they go for cars that look sportier, you know - rims, super dark tint, loud exhausts. If you want to lose the attention, you're gonna have to build a sleeper. I drive a VT on my P's, but I don't get any unwanted attention, and I've been RBT'd twice and one was a roadside block one. The police were very friendly, nothing but great examples of their profession.

To be honest a VT with 19inch GTS rims is screaming pull me over, as is the sticker. The nature of your car, you gonna get attention. Keep your driving in check, but in reality, you're gonna get pulled over in that no matter what - just make sure it's roadworthy and they have nothing to go on.

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
I've owned v8 commodores for the last 5years. First a vt2 ss, then a Vt2 hsv with a big cam, twin 2.5in exhaust, 3.9 diff, and 4000 stallie. Now my vt2 hsv has a standard cam, 3.07 diff, twin 2.5in exhaust and hvt1900 supercharger, (and I have put on 19inch gts wheels). I don't drive like an idiot, but am still receiving unwanted police attention. I also have a "ls1 modification shop" sticker sticker on my rear window. Although it is much quieter than before I had the big cam, I've been pulled over by police 3 times in the last 6 months for RBT/license checks/random questioning.

I never once got pulled over before in my ss, or even the hsv with big cam and 18in wheels. The question is, why all this unwanted attention all of a sudden? Is it the bigger rims? The mod shop sticker?
Sometimes your just unlucky or may just be a coincidence but i would start with taking off the sticker. Also as much as i love it the supercharger does bring unwanted attention to you. Have they ever defected you and is your exhaust too loud and what random questions are they asking.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
If your car is safe and legal what's the problem? Just nod, smile and agree with Mr. Copper and accept the inconvenience as a downside to having a nice car.

Just reread again... 3 times in 6 months? Hardly worth complaining about.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Lose the sticker. But having said that, we have a Senator dropped on it's guts, 18's and twin dumpers at the rear wheels, stickers all over it, never get a second look...but we are also not that young either.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Lose the sticker. But having said that, we have a Senator dropped on it's guts, 18's and twin dumpers at the rear wheels, stickers all over it, never get a second look...but we are also not that young either.

Also your in Bunbury :p