Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"How To" Remove Door Card & Speaker Grill on VT-VX *Detailed*

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
does any one know how to get the door locks back in? cant seem to get mine working properly

there is a little metallic rod that comes up through the opening where the locks belong just sloowly slide your lock over the rod and you should feel it slide down then when it is as far as it can go just pust in the red bit and badda bing badda boom. sounds complicated but once you've changed your speakers enough times it is like second nature lol. best of luck

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
does any one know how to get the door locks back in? cant seem to get mine working properly

If you've tried using this guide and you still cant get it on, i suggest looking to see if the rod for the door lock is bent, or if you are actually getting the door trim on right, if the trim is out of place, you wont be able to get the lock on the rod, even though you can screw in the surround and what not, it wont stay on.

check those things and give it another go :)

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
That trick with the cloth to remove the Jesus clip is effing brilliant!

luke02VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
can you get the grill off with out taking the door panel off

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
That trick with the cloth to remove the Jesus clip is effing brilliant!

Cheers but i cant take the credit for it. I got it off this forum from another member (cant remember who used it) who probebly had the idea passed to him ect...

Definetly effective though.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Great work.

@ Ozzie

Thanks mate, I've got to change out the speakers in mine (too old and buggered). This thread was very helpful.

Again, thanks.

SS245

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Is there a trick to those little metal clips for the grill? i really had to work them to get them off and now they wont go on. Any ideas?

SS245

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Is there a trick to those little metal clips for the grill? i really had to work them to get them off and now they wont go on. Any ideas?

I just answered my own question. If you use a pair of side cutter and snip the clip just in one spot it lets it expand just enough as you push it down it fits nice and snug. It holds it pretty tight as well.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
i swear i must suck i cant get that damn window winder off

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
ok well i went and put a tool to remove them for 10 bucks so meh all done GREAT how to thread very detailed.

Ill add something ozzie didnt in the rear door grille there is 7 clips not 6 and no screw.

thanks very much mate went off with out a hitch this should be changed to VT, VX, VY. VZ :)