Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to smash a VS spack on the night u get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I think all it was (in this case) was a guy getting his new car, wanting to test it out, not knowing its capabilities, mixed with the horrid rain we had that night making things a little worse.

Ive been in the car of a guy who tried to do a handbreak turn, in a suburban street at 80+ k's an hour. We ended up in the nieghbours backyard. There are just people out there, who dont deserve to get behind the wheel.

I guess its a good thing we have those power to weight ratios. If he had brought a v8 (assuming this guy was on his p's i couldnt see the window in the pic) he may have ended up injured/killed, even hurting another person.

People should realise, a car is a tonne of metal. Travelling at 80 k's its a weapon if they arent careful.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I think all it was (in this case) was a guy getting his new car, wanting to test it out, not knowing its capabilities, mixed with the horrid rain we had that night making things a little worse.

Ive been in the car of a guy who tried to do a handbreak turn, in a suburban street at 80+ k's an hour. We ended up in the nieghbours backyard. There are just people out there, who dont deserve to get behind the wheel.

I guess its a good thing we have those power to weight ratios. If he had brought a v8 (assuming this guy was on his p's i couldnt see the window in the pic) he may have ended up injured/killed, even hurting another person.

People should realise, a car is a tonne of metal. Travelling at 80 k's its a weapon if they arent careful.

you make it sound like its the car thats the problem.

Its the driver, not the car. People drive outside of their limits, or outside of the cars limits, which is where they come unstuck. I know what my car can do, and what i can/can't do, and with that, all my panels are straight!

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
you make it sound like its the car thats the problem.

Its the driver, not the car. People drive outside of their limits, or outside of the cars limits, which is where they come unstuck. I know what my car can do, and what i can/can't do, and with that, all my panels are straight!

I know what you mean. I'd been driving the XU6 for long enough to know what it can and can't do, and how much acceleration is too much, they way it handles round corners, etc.

But I hadn't driven it in the wet at that stage. And the first time I did, I accelerated just a little too much round a corner at an intersection, and it kicked out on me. No accident or anything like that, but I soon learnt to basically not accelerate round sharp corners in the wet in it.

And I remember even when I first really drove it, I kept spinning the wheels everywhere. It was such a change going from Ruby, to the XU6. :p

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I know what you mean. I'd been driving the XU6 for long enough to know what it can and can't do, and how much acceleration is too much, they way it handles round corners, etc.

But I hadn't driven it in the wet at that stage. And the first time I did, I accelerated just a little too much round a corner at an intersection, and it kicked out on me. No accident or anything like that, but I soon learnt to basically not accelerate round sharp corners in the wet in it.

And I remember even when I first really drove it, I kept spinning the wheels everywhere. It was such a change going from Ruby, to the XU6. :p

the problem is people don't learn their car, til something happens, like your experience.

I was the opposite, i went out for weeks on end out country (well, if you can call Pt Gawler country) testing what it can do with nothing to hit, hence how i know what it'll do. You could say its like a defensive driving course, but free, and self taught :p

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
the problem is people don't learn their car, til something happens, like your experience.

I was the opposite, i went out for weeks on end out country (well, if you can call Pt Gawler country) testing what it can do with nothing to hit, hence how i know what it'll do. You could say its like a defensive driving course, but free, and self taught :p

I would have, but I was too busy whinging that was NO country round us. Being a tassie, the country seem hours upon hours away. :whistling (I'm still whinging that there are no bends in the roads, and no mountains.)

But I will admit, the first time I ever drove it, I was scared. I took off sooooo slow to go round the block. :p

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its not the cars fault it ended up in a ditch with a busted front end.

What i meant obviously didnt come across to you like i had hoped.

Simply put, i was trying to say that we let people behind the wheel maybe they should learn to drive.

i knew what you ment, but other people reading it (just say dear old soccer mum stubles upon your comment on google) could take it the wrong way, and think that it is the car thats the problem.

Also i had my first V8 at 18, and was driving a turbo around the same time (turbo wasn't my car, but i had borrowed it for a few months)

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Thats kinda funny. Gotta walk before you power slide

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Status
Not open for further replies.