Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO Steering Controls VX/VY

shaneo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Yea well i have just ordered a cat-10 from strathfield which will cost $250 fitted.

kinga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I just installed in my VZ the PAC SWI-JACK I purchased from Ebay US for $55 AU shipped. JACK stands for Jvc Alpine Clarion Kenwood (J.A.C.K) and as promised works well with my alpine Head unit. Was quoted $250 for the CAT module through northfield, Bugger that, so I did some research and found the PAC SWI models.
The PAC SWI JACK is a US based product so was a bit hesitant to get it, but As the Pontiac GTO is just a rebadged monaro I copied the setttings for that model from the online guide and worked first time. Easy as to install, four wires connected and your done.
Just follow the online install here

Pac-audio.com Steering Wheel Interface | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

The SWI JACK model connects via a 3.5 mm stereo earphone jack to the back of the headunit, no infrared needed.

CATmodules can go jump, cant see how they can justify that price

Mynameisntfrank

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive Wagon
Need help with installing an aftermarket double din into my vz
hey i have a pioneer double din headunit and i wish to install this into my vz by taking the factory one out. i also intend on puting an additional 2 speakers in the car and an amp nd sub compilation. i know how to do most of the job but my question is. Will wen i change the units over the wire harness that contains all my accesories, earth, speaker wires, 12v power etc. fit from the stock unit to the pioneer one? Also will the steering controls work? i know the brown lead conects this to the wheel. and finally. will the head unit turn off wen i open my door as the factory one does?
cheers.

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
I'm not POSITIVE on what you're asking, but have a read here Someone might have answered your question when helping me -

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/car-audio/133035-car-dvd-players.html

And if the double din dvd player has the Steering wheel control cable I think it will work, Not 100% sure... Have a read, Can reply / ask what ever you need in their too if you like.

maccaz69

Reaction score
Hi guys,

sorry to dig up a really old post but i want to put a vy steering wheel on a wh statesman cat 08 interface would work?
As I understand it the wh statesman controls go direct to the stereo and bypass the bcm.
I don't know if the interface accomodates this or it expects the bcm signal only?