Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VN-VP] How to stop a VN-VS seat from reclining automatically while driving.

kennybear

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Series V
Well I'll be buggered. Just lately I've had to wind the seat a couple of times a week. Good to know it's not just me.
cheers mate !

vs hay hauler

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
still trying to get the plastic plug out of the seat recliner wheel, seems like its stuck in????

cunno

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais
Ahh cheers for the wright up mate!!

vp_304

Reaction score
sorry to bring this up from the dead, but i looked at fixing mine today and couldnt get the recliner knob of in the pics looks like its got a circlip but how the hell do u get it off??? i couldnt even see the circlip behind there

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
2 blades - 1 from each side and lever upwards. It can be tight - but has to come out so the wheel can come off. Then it's the circlip pliers or sharp pointer to hook the thing (circlip) out.

vp_304

Reaction score
just say like 2 blades etc something thin in the right spot will pop the clip off??

or it has no clip holding it on? its just pushed on?

Last edited:

John Roberts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
G'day. I too would like to thank Cheap6 and 88GreenVN for excellent postings. In our case the patient was a 1990 VN Commodore driver's seat.

We followed the instructions to the letter (unfortunately we found the centre cap on the recliner knob could not be taken out without gouging, and this was removed using an extremely thin-bladed knife), only to find at the end that the slipping was unchanged (a new circlip may have improved matters, but of course the dealer was closed on Sunday!).

In desperation I slipped a piece of 80-grit wet-and-dry sandpaper (cut-and-holed to match the mouse mat rubber) on first, rough side facing the reclining mechanism, then the rubber, then the retaining washer, then the circlip. Voila! No more slip. Cheers fellas.