Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Launches New Senator Signature & Grange Models

Caprice-Lover-01'

Reaction score
Members Ride
01' WH Caprice / 98' Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas 4.0L
Honestly, i love my Holden's dont get me wrong but the hunks of junk there building today would never outlast a good old WH-WK Caprice/Statesman etc

Its features are basically made up of plastic, plastic & more plastic, they have to much so in reality its not giving the effect it should

Also that V8...... not my type of V8

Overall they look pretty poor in my standards.... i like paying for quality & a long and ensured lifespan

Overall from me it gets a thumbs down and a rating of
2 out of 10 points

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Articles have been out for months, That the Gen-F Wagon, Ute & Statesman/Caprice/Grange rear-end is nothing more than a rear bumper change.

Yeah, I knew that, but the front end on the Grange hasn't had the major VF panel changes either.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Honestly, i love my Holden's dont get me wrong but the hunks of junk there building today would never outlast a good old WH-WK Caprice/Statesman etc

Its features are basically made up of plastic, plastic & more plastic, they have to much so in reality its not giving the effect it should

Also that V8...... not my type of V8

Overall they look pretty poor in my standards.... i like paying for quality & a long and ensured lifespan

Overall from me it gets a thumbs down and a rating of
2 out of 10 points

the 70s are over brother, gotta change with the times

Caprice-Lover-01'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its nothing to do with the 70's

I pay for quality, refinement, etc
I hate a V8 that runs like a heap its a must have for me that its very smooth running because only well refined motors can be smooth

I dont like paying for plastic filled junk aswel

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0

I hate a V8 that runs like a heap its a must have for me that its very smooth running because only well refined motors can be smooth

Have you ever driven one of the 6L V8's? Mine has 179,000km's on it and its smooth as ####.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Oh dear..... You may..... may..... have 1/2 a case if you didn't compare it with a WH/K.

Plastic Content: about the same
Build Quality: Leaves the older cars for dead in any objective measure.
Looks: Entirely subjective and could argue either way.

Even when you go further back, the build quality just got worse and worse. Yes there was less plastic the further you go back but panel fit, interior quality, mechanical competence/longevity are not a patch on what the modern car will achieve.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute

Go drive a Ve Calais 6L or E3 GTS around a track for a few laps then get in your old heap and see if you still think the same...... Chalk and Cheese dude.

Caprice-Lover-01'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Go drive a Ve Calais 6L or E3 GTS around a track for a few laps then get in your old heap and see if you still think the same...... Chalk and Cheese dude.

Couldnt think of anything worse than a VE
That 6L V8.... its slow
One thing to.... i cant stand it
I would rather drive my more expensive Jaguar around a track than that
Reason being when it comes to refinement, quality, etc holden gets shat in the face by Jaguar easily no matter how old the car is

Caprice-Lover-01'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh dear..... You may..... may..... have 1/2 a case if you didn't compare it with a WH/K.

Plastic Content: about the same
Build Quality: Leaves the older cars for dead in any objective measure.
Looks: Entirely subjective and could argue either way.

Even when you go further back, the build quality just got worse and worse. Yes there was less plastic the further you go back but panel fit, interior quality, mechanical competence/longevity are not a patch on what the modern car will achieve.

Well for starters about the fit and finish
Plastic is to fragile so in reality the VE is to fragile, cheap looking interior, cheaply made, poor reliability reviews, constant issues, mechanical wise it wouldnt ever come close to out living a cast iron block thats as well maintained as mine.... same with the transmission.
You can say im only modern cars kind of guy but in the end a WH Caprice will out last the most recent of holdens

Also the use of aluninum look interior trim..... absolutely hideous

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Couldnt think of anything worse than a VE
That 6L V8.... its slow
One thing to.... i cant stand it
I would rather drive my more expensive Jaguar around a track than that
Reason being when it comes to refinement, quality, etc holden gets shat in the face by Jaguar easily no matter how old the car is

Slow? 0-100 in 5.5 seconds, and seeing as though you love Jaguar so much, the twin turbo diesel V6 Jaguars that both of my bosses have do 0-100 in 5.7.