Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hsv xu6 leagle on p plates

X

XU6 (fLOGINU)

is a hsv xu6 leagal to drive on your "p" plates in victoria

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
XU6 (fLOGINU) said:
is a hsv xu6 leagal to drive on your "p" plates in victoria
According to the calculator, yes you can drive an XU6 on P-Plates in Victoria, the specs are as follows, 125kw/ton and 3.6l/ton this car passes on both counts. The car's weight is rated at 1500kgs, this makes it's maximum allowable power output under section 1 as 187.5kw. As you would know it is 180kw so it just passes. Then, as it is only 3.8 litres, it passes section 2 with flying colours! It could get away with 5.4 litres as long as it has only 187.5kw!! So on that note, that even makes a 5 litre VT1 P-Plate legal at 179kw. But here's the oddity, a VZ SV6 at 190kw is NOT P-Plate Legal in Victoria as it fails on 1 of the 2 sections. Hope that helps mate!

X

XU6 (fLOGINU)

thanks i was not 100 % sure but your comment has confirmed my suspicions
cheers

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
good old nsw, anyone who's on their p's but got them before the rule come in can have the biggest supercharged twin turbo'd big block chevy that thay want.
LOL
unless they get busted for speeding or similar then its down to n/a cars

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
well I know a few p-platers here in vic that got XU6's...so Im guessin' it's legal...unless they're dabbing in sum illegal activity

Cheers,
Infin8

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
yes you can drive an xu6 in vic, i do i had it checked before i bought it and im on p plates