Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HUD set too far to the right?

BigDog80

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR
Hi. Has anyone else noticed that their HUD is set too far to the right. On my car, if I make the slightest of head tilts to the right, the HUD starts to disappear. If I tilt to the left, however, the HUD remains visible, even if I lean over relatively far. Just wondering whether this is a qwerk of the car or mine hasn't been installed correctly. Thanks, all.

BigDog80

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR
Also, it would have been awesome if you could adjust the focus of the HUD image. Wonder if there's a way of doing this...

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
Hi. Has anyone else noticed that their HUD is set too far to the right. On my car, if I make the slightest of head tilts to the right, the HUD starts to disappear. If I tilt to the left, however, the HUD remains visible, even if I lean over relatively far. Just wondering whether this is a qwerk of the car or mine hasn't been installed correctly. Thanks, all.

You must have a peculiar way of sitting, The HUD image in both my Caprices is pretty much directly above the wheel.

You can improve the focus by dusting down in the HUD projection area. The best thing I have found is a spray-painters TAC rag, about $2 in the paint dept of Supercheap. If you are not familiar with them, it's basically a piece of muslin cloth impregnated with a slightly tacky waxy material. I use it all across the top of my dash, and all the facia and even down into the console area, just not one the main info screen, but it will get the cruft out of the HUD projector. Keep reusing it, the cloth gets awfully grotty looking, just refold it and keep going. Store it in a zip-lock plastic sandwich bag

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Didn't realize that I have been driving cars leaning towards the window until having the HUD.. Now I know. Ha..Ha..Ha..

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
It has to be visible from the far left otherwise your missus can't nag you about driving too fast!

BigDog80

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR
Haha. Genuinely surprised that it's the way I've been sitting all these years! Maybe I've been leaning over to the right with the arm on the window sill. But, I'm back driving manual now so maybe I'll self-correct over the next 15 years or so!