Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I hate tailgaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koontz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
More than anything else I hate tailgaters, especially the ones that sit up your arse when the car in front of you (be it one of more cars in front) is the vehicle travelling slow, supposedly causing the 'tailgater' inconveniance......

So this guy rides my arse all the way down Kilkenny road and then overtakes. Made especially worse by the driving rain at 6:30 this morning. Gave him some what for at the lights, just to lower myself to his level.

Feel better for it though. :yeah:

K

KTASTRPHE

Same man... I cant stand it. Im one of those guys that will slowly slow down to cause them even more inconvenience, and then speed up (just enough) when they go to overtake so that they cant get around me before they are blocked in by the car in the next lane!

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
I just brake .... HARD! They hit me, they pay, it's that simple. I once "brake-tested" a tailgater at 120 k/ph on the freeway after he had been tailgating me (1 metre off my bumper) for a good 10 minutes. I hit the picks, he **** himself and speared straight over 3 lanes then composed himself and I never had a problem with him for the rest of my trip. Of course I made sure it was a straight stretch of multi-laned road with only the two of us in sight. After all, I didn't want him to kill someone else .... Lesson learned though.

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
i brake then let them pass

then do the same to them for a while :mad:

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG UTE
tailgaters

Yeah well it shits me to tears when people are in the overtaking lane and going the same speed as those in the left lane. today they were both going 70 in an 80 zone :ranting: :ranting:
So i tail gate, yeah thats right i sometimes get to within half a metre of them. If they are travelling the right speed then fine ill sit back. But i have absolutely no tolerance for those who slow down others. And if they brake i will just run into them with my solid five post bullbar. (thats a joke) But its awfully tempting :yeah:

Koontz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
So heres a discussion point.

If you were to tailgate someone and they did slam thier brakes on do you think you would do more damage if you were tailgating from 2-3 meters or 2-3 inchs (if its possible to ride someones arse that close).

I think your property would take less damage if you are 2-3 inchs off them when they slam thier brakes on. Less gap to close. Less speed difference when you hit. So you become one mass and slow down together.

Koontz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
tow bar

ElDubya said:
I just brake .... HARD! They hit me, they pay, it's that simple. I once "brake-tested" a tailgater at 120 k/ph on the freeway after he had been tailgating me (1 metre off my bumper) for a good 10 minutes. I hit the picks, he **** himself and speared straight over 3 lanes then composed himself and I never had a problem with him for the rest of my trip. Of course I made sure it was a straight stretch of multi-laned road with only the two of us in sight. After all, I didn't want him to kill someone else .... Lesson learned though.

Reminds me to put my tow bar back in.

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
What amazes me is that people tailgating actually think they are achieving something. Like their going to get from A to B 15 minutes faster by sitting on someones arse. I guess these guys failed science at school.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
i hate tailgaters, if they do it i either slow down or dont move, if they didnt tailgate me i would let them pass. If they tailgate then try overtake i speed up and dont let them pass, makes them angry but hey its fun.

I keep my towbar on all the time :yeah:

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
ElDubya said:

This really doesnt make sense...

you were on a multi lane road and there was only you 2. Why would he be tailgating you?

Status
Not open for further replies.