Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I just bought my local take away shop.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
So, my local take away store came up for sale last week, so I went in and spoke to the old couple who owned it and is retiring in a month. Made a deal with them that they work for me untill they retire and teach me how to run the store in the mean time. Its your usual take away store, fish and chips, burgers, kebabs, coffee's, papers ect, busy little store. Right next to a newsagency, post office, IGA and butcher shop, so a good amount of walkers by and clientell. Had a look through the last financial years paper work and and it made a net profit of $76,000 after over heads and expenses. So providing I can run it as well as they could, I should make a neat little income off of it.

I didnt want to work for no prick, so I figured id buy a job. My plan is to run it for a year or so, teach the mrs how to run it, then she can operate it as her day job and I can move on to bigger and better things.

I shall now be known as entrepeniour Dan!

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Congrats mate, hope it all goes good for you.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
one tip, DON'T hire family, it will get messy lol

EDIT: and congrats on starting a business!

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha I hear you there, hopefully the mrs will be able to run it on her own after a while and hire/fire who she chooses(no family or mates).

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
After I get this thing going well, Im going to talk to the newsagency next door and see if I cant convince them to sell up.