Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need a tyre shop - Canberra area

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
^read^the^title^

Can anyone recommend a tyre store in the Canberra area? Used to use Ian Diffen's in Perth, in Canberra I've no idea who's good. Needless to say, my tyres are rooted and I'm in need of a DECENT set to suit 14" rims.

Edit: Also after an exhaust shop that will sell and fit a set of Pacemaker extractors. . .

Cheers
Sam

Last edited:

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Buerepaires in Fyshwick are competent. I dunno about their prices, I only use them for fitting, which they do quite well.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
My vote is for Jax at Tuggeranong, they were pretty good for the missus's car

R

Rinn_P

Why not tyrepower in belco?? Ive been to them a few times and havent had a problem.... Or maybe thats just bacuse if you have only ever been screwed you dont know when they do it!!??!! Hmmm....maybe I will try out Jax next time. Are they the ones with the gingle "Just Ask Jax....to see you through!" Or something like that? Ahh haha I love my gingles.

Rinn

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Rinn_P said:
Why not tyrepower in belco?? Ive been to them a few times and havent had a problem.... Or maybe thats just bacuse if you have only ever been screwed you dont know when they do it!!??!! Hmmm....maybe I will try out Jax next time. Are they the ones with the gingle "Just Ask Jax....to see you through!" Or something like that? Ahh haha I love my gingles.

Rinn

Yeah thats them, they're spread a fair bit around NSW sydney, central coast and canberra area I think, they're an independent chain if that makes sense. Never used them myself, but I've never heard anything bad either. They don't buy an awful lot of federals or coopers which is what my work deals in, so I haven't had many dealings with them. I just use buearepaires coz I know the blokes there don't stuff around too much, they don't have time for bullshit usually.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Rinn_P said:

Rinn
i took my ute in to get a wheel alignment last week. they were a bit iffy about doing it cos they thought it may have been too low to fir on their machine. then he didnt realise i wanted a front and rear alignment done (cos of the IRS). he had no clue that you could do it on my ute. then he wasnt going to tell me the price until i picked it up. and then i had them tell me that i needed new radial arm bushes in the front end. they said there was 1/2 an inch of movement that shouldnt be there. after a call to my mechanic mate i was told that they are full of **** and there is no way they could be stuffed as he was working on it 4 days ago and they were fine. and the car only has 30K on the clock.

i took the car to jax in queanbo (cos we know the dude there) and he said that there was no problem what so ever. he reckons that TP were only telling me that to get extra money out of me cos they must have thought i lowered it myself and didnt know what the f*ck i was talking about.