Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I smile every time I drive it..

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
when can i buy a hover car?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You know fuel comes from two companies in Australia right? LOL!

As for classic cars, the day's of the "classic" are over. You won't find anyone looking back in 20, 30 or 50 years thinking geee I'd love to own a classic Bugatti Veyron. And you certainly won't find anyone interested in "the last Commodore ever made" either. If you want a classic, buy a classic. Don't buy a new car expecting it to become a classic.

Mate, you need to think before writing....Firstly, there is a limited edition Commodore coming out and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it does become a classic....Holden are marketting it as such.....Yes it's valued at $165,000, but how the hell can you predict whether it will be a classic or not....Or for that matter, how can you predict any car produced or being produced won't be come a classic? I sure as hell can't and I'm sure no one else can

The thing that determines classic status, is time and we aren't in a television series like back to the future. Unless you have some time machine or physic powers that you'd like to share with everyone

Last edited:

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Geeeez Raj, again? There are 4 independent refineries left in Australia (Vitol, Exxon, BP and Caltex) and as of last year we are the biggest importer from other independent refineries worldwide. Anyone who's run boosted on a knife edge will tell you that almost every available brand is different (i.e. via additives). Suggesting petrol only comes out of two avenues is just plain....WRONG!

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
if the sold at the same pice as bmw, etc, noone would buy it.

If you want a new car with the same type of handling, size, and performance, you won't have any choice, after the local manufacturering stops.
If I could see valve for money in buying a more expensive car I would, eg: I did look at buying a HSV R8 tourer, but just didn't see the value over calais v wagon.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Hyundai (like holden) make cheap reliable cars. thats why they sell well. by no means are they world class and they were never intended to be.
i agree they make a good car for the family car price bracket, but that does not mean its world class.

The potential is there to be world class, if they could have had, more international market exposure. Australia's has world class designer, and engineer that could have put both holden, and ford designed, and built car into a world market, and be successful.
Sad days ahead, if I have to buy a so called family car the can't fit 5 adults, or have to by a so call SUV, that barely last the warranty period, or can't get parts for after a couple of years.