Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

identifiying lsd

slimx

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOON to buy VT
Ok im buying a VT.. been shopping around just browsing..

I wanna know .. are they all LSD? cause im only after one with LSD.

Is there a way to identify if it has an LSD box ? or do i have to just test it ? lol cause i think it would be quite rude for me to do a burnout lol

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
i read the title and got all excited .......
anyways not all vt's have lsd but i'm pretty sure lsd diffs have lsd written on them

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
i read the title and got all excited .......
anyways not all vt's have lsd but i'm pretty sure lsd diffs have lsd written on them

Highpower LSD or something along those lines.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ecotec
lsd on ALL commodores either identified by A tag from fill point on diff or on sticker on rh side of diff)vy etc) the best way to tell is on dirt and blat the accelerator once get out if dirt kicked up on both = lsd

too check if lsd is OKAY e.g. internals jack up one rear wheel and use a tourque wrench to turn jacked up wheel it should get to (around) 40-100 nm depending on car before locks tight this is how you check cluth packs in diff lsd only. hope this helps if not ignore;)

v8commie

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0 efi
lsd on ALL commodores either identified by A tag from fill point on diff or on sticker on rh side of diff)vy etc) the best way to tell is on dirt and blat the accelerator once get out if dirt kicked up on both = lsd

too check if lsd is OKAY e.g. internals jack up one rear wheel and use a tourque wrench to turn jacked up wheel it should get to (around) 40-100 nm depending on car before locks tight this is how you check cluth packs in diff lsd only. hope this helps if not ignore;)

or jack the car up turn the wheel if the wheels spin in the same direction its lsd if they spin opposite its open wheeler

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ecotec
yes jacking all of rear end up will show if lsd BUT will not show integrity of internal components if really want to know condition must do release test as previously posted.

slimx

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOON to buy VT
see the things im shopping for one lol ..

im not gona go round jacking cars up u see.. is there some kind of method ? where i can just see it .. ??

like on HONDA's i know that b1 doesnt have lsd but b2. Is there some kind of Model system for the commodores? or as it was said before maybe just a simple sticker ? i could see

bigneilsen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1
yes. stick ur head under the rear of the car. on the filler hole in the back/side of the diff theres a tag thats held in by the filler plug/bolt. it will say if its LSD. its not open diff it will have nothing. just ask the owner they should know

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
look on the vin plate, under axle code - i know GU4 is standard diff, and it seems G80 seems to be LSD, but people on the forum have been saying they have GU4 printed but know the diff they have is an LSD, so im not sure, i guess you could also pop it on the grass and give it a bit of a rev haha..

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
LSDs will have a tag on the filler plug that says "High Perforamce" then the diff ratio and "only use LSD oil" or something.