Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Identifying a real VS SS

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Yes S3 VS covers maloo and all other utes. No such thing as a S3 VS sedan. The security module is an interesting one. Are you doing the swap for a cheap Kalmaker kit ?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Kalmaker ??? IF THATS THE NAME OF THE HSV ISS SYTM THAT IS IN MY MALOO??? I CAN GET A SERIES 2 ISS HSV SYST BRAND NEW FOR $750.BUT IF IT DOSNT FIT A SERIES 3 THEN THERE REALY AINT ANY POINT? MY PROB IS I HAVE LOST THE RED TAG AND ONLY HAVE I BLACK TAG AND A KEY AND HEAD,I THINK WERE MY PROB LIES WITHOUT THE RED TAG IS? I CANT GET A NEW KEY HEAD AS IT NEEDS TO BE INTRODUCED VIA THE RED TAG ( TO WITHH I DONT HAVE) THE PROB IS NEW ISS HSV SYST ARE NO LONGER MADE?

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
The series 3 V8 utes were a PCM of their own. Was a mix of VT and VS as the VT went to serial data to instrument cluster and other items whereas the VS body still has mostly individual wires run for signals to dash etc. The VT stuff is your multipoint fuel injection, twin knock sensors standard and MAF sensor to meet emissions of the year. So a bitsa really and won't find these ecu's in any other model.

Thanks very much for that answer Michelson4301. That explains why it's different. I don't suppose you or anyone else has pinouts for it, as I want to put an integrated alarm in it while it's apart. Cheers

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
The pin outs are listed some place here on the jc forum.....not sure were thay are? But i have come across them here a few times....goood luck in finding out what your llloooking for

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
your ISS is that the Integrated security system ? That would be integrated into the BCM (body control module). Body control module does central locking interior lights, headlights, etc. Basically courtesy systems, security and brakes So basically anything that the PCM (engine and auto) doesn't do the BCM fills the gap sorta. I would pull the BCM and get the part number. VT BCM's can be recoded with keys even though an existing key doesn't exist or a security code i believe. The VS backwards can't be done this way. I could be wrong. Start with the part no. though. Perhaps a call to your local Holden warranty clerk could clear things up.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
ill give hsv in clayton a call and see what thay have to say....thanks again

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Thanks for all of that jb4u, but i've got the sites bookmarked with all that info. Does 8BD at the end of the model code sound right? And the VIN doesn't seem specific enough. Just that it's a v8 ute with luxury level "executive, s, or ss". I gather Holden weren't very specific with their VINs.

8BD is SS with dual airbags.

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
8BD is SS with dual airbags.

:clapping::clapping::bow::dance:Thank you so very much. You are right on the money.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Can you possibly share any more info. PM if you like.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well done.....