Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idiots not keeping left!

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
yeah i got done for it on the Hume just south of Yass about 4 months ago, $295 and 3 points, i had passed a semi and didnt move over in a timly fashion (within 3-4 ks after passing the truck) well that what the cop said to me.

that will happen anywhere in NSW with a duell lane, speed limit is irrelleavent.
what ppl dont realise is you can and will be booked at 40kph school zone for failing to keep left..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
that will happen anywhere in NSW with a duell lane, speed limit is irrelleavent.
what ppl dont realise is you can and will be booked at 40kph school zone for failing to keep left..

How can they book you for it when the laws state it must be 90 or over in NSW or when a keep left sign is displayed?

wickann15

YEEHAAAAAAAH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Clubsport
I'm sick of seeing people sitting in the right hand lane. P platers are one of the worst offenders and since they have only just passed their driving tests you would think that they should know better.

Most people that do it couldn't even care less that they have traffic banked up behind them. Half the time you have to pass them on the left and realize the dick heads are either talking on the phone or texting away. It's time the cops started putting their foot down and fining people for sitting in the right lane.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Guy's.... the law is 'KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING' and the signs say this. The key word is "UNLESS" which clearly means what it says... if you are not overtaking someone keep left you dumb ****.

oLRoEPLGPIYijXjAVtkw2g%3D%3D_g153.gif

Problem is that there are some extra clauses in the law which make it ambiguous to say the least.

See here for exact wording people.... NSW legislation website

The worse offenders I am sorry to say are P platers, generally women and almost all are Asians who cannot speak Engrish(lol) and so cannot read the fracken sign that says KEEP LEFT... you dumb ****.

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
I would have to agree about the p platers being the worst
and I'm on my P's, I try hard not to do anything wrong and generally
speaking keep to the rule as best as I can. With that being said, with
my lack of experience sometimes I phase out and stay in the left by
accident. But don't worry Australia, the more I drive the better I get :D

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Up here in Brisbane I disagree with P platers being the worst; I don't think there can be a 'worst' group when nobody follows the law; if anyone is going to be the worse group, it is going to be the larger group, ie. full licence holders.

Up here, the law is never acknowledged, and very rarely enforced. P platers should know better in theory since they just learned this stuff recently; but by the same token full licence holders should know better because they have been driving longer, they should be more experienced. Of course, we all know that all driving longer does when it comes to laws is allows you time to forget the ones you have been ignoring for decades.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
What's this? Obey the road laws until you get your licence then it's open slather? Go where you like, do what speed you like and abuse anybody who is in front of you doing the speed limit? There is no legal requirement to keep left unless the speed limit is over 80kph or signs say to do so. As for road courtesy, I have seen some classic smashes caused by "road courtesy". Myself, I will travel at the speed limit and if somebody does not like it, stiff cheddar!~ You want to race? Go to a race track where it is legal, and safer for everybody.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
This is one of my most hated things on the roads.

Last weekend I was driving back home to Melbourne from Albury. I was in the right lane, behind another car, as we passed the slower traffic in the left lane. Out of nowhere one car in the left lane suddenly pulls out in front of the car in front of me doing about 95 in a 110 zone. It was a tight squeeze, forcing the car in front of me to slam their brakes on, and then obviously also slowed me down. He finally sped up a little and eventually overtook the truck in the left lane, then pulled back into the left lane. I re-activated cruise control and picked back up to the 110 speed limit, pulling back into the left lane when it was clear. A couple of km's down the road the same guy that slowed us down was tearing past me in the right lane?? So frustrating.

My main reason for getting frustrated with people that do this is that I like to cruise along with cruise control on. It's simple, cruise in the left lane at the speed limit, pull out to the left when necessary to overtake, then back in the left. I never have to touch the pedals, don't have to worry about watching the speedo for my speed. Then you get the idiots "holding hands"... ie, two cars taking up both lanes driving steadily next to each other. I have to brake, slow down and wait patiently for one of them to get out of the way before I can "cruise" again. It's just annoying.

A few months ago on the freeway I saw a police car come screaming up behind me in the right lane. They passed me and just ahead of me was a car in the right lane, with nobody in the left lane anywhere near them. They stayed in the left lane for at least 1km with the police car right up their ass with lights and sirens blaring. Luckily for them, the cops weren't after them, just simply looking for a spot to pull a u-turn on the freeway, but far out! How could you not notice a police car behind you for that amount of time with lights and sirens going? Surely that would hint to you that you shouldn't always be in the right hand lane unless overtaking!?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
see it all the time, if they are doing the speed limit i have no problem with it

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
This is my pet hate in Brisbane - every asshat seems to do it. Getting boxed in happens regularly.

Its not too hard to keep left - its a combination of courtesy and common sense.

I had a discussion about this with a work mate, who refused to get out of the right lane when we were driving to site. He was doing 20km/s under the limit and had people overtaking on the left, with a few high beams and horns thrown in for good measure.

He had a whinge about impatient drivers. I said get the fark out of the right lane if you insist on driving slowly. His response was the speed limit is only a limit, and there is nothing from stopping him driving slower than that, in any lane. He also whinged that his mother was booked by the cops in Adelaide for doing 60km/hr in a 100km/hr zone, in the right lane.

I responded by telling him that it appears lack of respect for other motorists seems to be hereditary.

Semantics of the rules aside, if you are travelling slower than the posted speed limit, or box people in, use your common sense and respect and get out of the right lane.

Its seriously not that hard.