Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idiots with HID's!

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I wish there was a nation wide blitz on lights on cars. Everyone i know complains about these stupidly bright headlights. I have been left feeling like i had welders flash by a Falcon car in the middle of the day. Honestly if people cant see the road properly with Halogen lights, then maybe they should consider not driving until they fix what is wrong with their eyes.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
LoL:
I've spent 3 years at uni

(unless there a piece of junk that belong in a wrecking yard)

Also: I have HIDs in my LS VN. As far as I'm concerned it was a necessity - the old **** headlights, no matter what globes I put in even with new actual headlight assemblies, were pure rubbish and flat out dangerous to drive country roads with.

Show me a mechanism I can set up in a VN headlight to fix this problem and I will :) As far as I'm aware, nothing exists for them.

That said, mine certainly aren't the worst. I have NFI what "K" they but they aren't stupidly white/blue. I have been hit with big blue lasers from a few cars and it's not a lot of fun, but never come close to having an accident...??? Use the old country high-beam trick and instead of staring AT the lights, watch the white line on your left until they pass, then go on your merry way. No big deal :/

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Nope I got a bachelor of justice studies but I assume most people with common sense would research/ask if something is legal before they start changing things, though to the question I may not have a roadworthy license but I've got big ass computer systems and RTA regulation books. I wasn't trying to say I got a degree in roadworthy regulations, I was just expressing that I didn't spend 3 years at uni and countless hours reading up on the RTA guidelines to become an officer then to be told I don't know what i'm talking about. I'm not a person that goes about my work without the merits to back it up though YES we do sometimes get it wrong no doubt but in this case he was in breach of roadworthy regulations.

Says the person with HID's.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

str8vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
I wish cops would do something about the idiots driving around with one light barely working, and the other like it's on high beam.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I wish cops would do something about the idiots driving around with one light barely working, and the other like it's on high beam.

That would be most Fords.................

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
Can I add those LED arrays?

Seriously i live in the city right on the edge of the hills, my cfs zone 5m in the hills, every f*ing w*nker who drives up there has them, I cant ride my bike there at night for fear of being blinded.

As much as i love my mates at the cfs, all of the 30-40yo's keep tryna out bright each other with their 4wd's, one guy gets 6k's, another has to get 10's, everyone gets 10's, so they start getting LED arrays.

Had one night where they were playing around with the computerized ones that flash for emergencies on top of the 4wd...... ever been blinded by light?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
My biggest pet hate is cyclists with their over bright lights that flash on and off. Right at eyelevel aswell.