Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

if lpg gas has been put in air con does it cost $350 to flush it

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
How many O rings did he replace in the system? i think from memory theres 10 all up. these should have been coated with AC oil before fitting not spit lol he would only be introducing moisture into the system one would think which would defeat the purpose of vacuuming the system in the 1st place. After these are done the only real place for the system to leak is from the compressor bands itself. Since u got dye everywhere that suggests a leak so before the guy regasses the system make sure either you or he degreases all pipes/fittings ect.... so u can see if it leaks again after.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
i got a quote today for my air con to be fixed....and well either this bloke knows his stuff or is trying to rip me off.

he said because lpg had been put in my system and the lpg don't mix with the oil and has contaminated my whole system.

so the whole system needs to flushed cost $350 for the chemicals and new compressor fitted more $$$ and all o'rings replaced $$$ and he will charge me $90 per hr. and $120 for regas.

the only reason i feel it may be a big load of bs is because wouldn't you flush it with the old compressor in it and then put the new one in. i don't understand why you would flush a contaminated system with a brand new compressor fitted.

i decided not to go ahead today and thought i would ask on here first.
I've replaced my compressor/condenser/dryer with a flush and re gassed r something. If you don't flush the old gas n oil it will F/up. Don't bother changing seals, don't re use anything. Replace the lot. You'll thank yourself. Inside the compressor generally deteriorate causing particles to lodge in the entire system after about 15 years, not running them regular speeds up the blockage processes. You should be able to by the parts genuine still. I did and payed a auto elec-a/c fitter to do the job

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
i got a quote today for my air con to be fixed....and well either this bloke knows his stuff or is trying to rip me off.

he said because lpg had been put in my system and the lpg don't mix with the oil and has contaminated my whole system.

so the whole system needs to flushed cost $350 for the chemicals and new compressor fitted more $$$ and all o'rings replaced $$$ and he will charge me $90 per hr. and $120 for regas.

the only reason i feel it may be a big load of bs is because wouldn't you flush it with the old compressor in it and then put the new one in. i don't understand why you would flush a contaminated system with a brand new compressor fitted.

i decided not to go ahead today and thought i would ask on here first.
I got a quote from a auto sparky a/c fitter for less Tha $1400. A v6 genuine compressor $400 and V8 bout $500, genuine condenser bout $ 240 and dryer genuine bout $100. Gas, flush labour about $500. Natrad charge about $1400 also. I purchased the parts then payed the fitting.

D

devilly

thanks heaps for the replies and help,i have it booked in so will find out soon what the problem is :)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I've replaced my compressor/condenser/dryer with a flush and re gassed r something. If you don't flush the old gas n oil it will F/up. Don't bother changing seals, don't re use anything. Replace the lot. You'll thank yourself. Inside the compressor generally deteriorate causing particles to lodge in the entire system after about 15 years, not running them regular speeds up the blockage processes. You should be able to by the parts genuine still. I did and payed a auto elec-a/c fitter to do the job

isnt the purpose of the drier to catch anything that gets in the system? so really that will be the only thing that will block up, its a filter after all.

D

devilly

yes easy fix o'rings on compressor leaking,i have to say i love my black light :) so now i have and icebox for summer :) see how it goes :) thanks to you all for your help and advice :) i understand the system alot better now :)