Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

If you had 15 grand to get a car, what would you ge/do?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
he said a deposit :) 15 grand is enough and I would agree :)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
greenfoam said:
he said a deposit :) 15 grand is enough and I would agree :)
Try buy a house for $150,000.. Spyper was on the mark..

But yeah, he is spending it on a car. Just which car is the issue. He will also have full comp insurance, it's unwise for a P plater not to have it..

Dad wants him to get as late a model car as possible. Like a 2-3 year old VY Exec, doesn't trust cars more then 4 years or 80,000km.. I reckon bargains can be found..

But thanks for all the input guys, I'll be passing it straight onto him

Cheers..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Shounak said:
Try buy a house for $150,000.. Spyper was on the mark..

But yeah, he is spending it on a car. Just which car is the issue. He will also have full comp insurance, it's unwise for a P plater not to have it..

Dad wants him to get as late a model car as possible. Like a 2-3 year old VY Exec, doesn't trust cars more then 4 years or 80,000km.. I reckon bargains can be found..

But thanks for all the input guys, I'll be passing it straight onto him

Cheers..
Why something so new? They are hard to work on and almost gaurenteed to be smashed!
AirStrike :air:

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
But they come with the least amount of problems.. will be good for a lot longer.. and you don't need to work on them if it's just a casual driver. The convenience of a newer car is worth the price IMO.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
AirStrike said:
Why something so new? They are hard to work on and almost gaurenteed to be smashed!
I'd say there'd be a lot less certainty purchasing a 15 year old car, then purchasing a 3 year old car..

Anyway, I bought my car with 180k on it.. I'm not averse to getting an old car. It's more my dads phobia..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Shounak said:
I'd say there'd be a lot less certainty purchasing a 15 year old car, then purchasing a 3 year old car..

Anyway, I bought my car with 180k on it.. I'm not averse to getting an old car. It's more my dads phobia..
Im not saying to go out and buy a VB with 400,000k's on it, but he would be able to get a VR/VS/VT with more options for that amount of cash vs a newer model.
Could get a nice Series III VS Stato, a VT Calais, etc....

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah I've also wanted a big black jeep cherokee with 22" rims and dumped. That would be a wicked cruiser. I don't think he should get a V8 or forced induction car for his first. How does $3500 for insurance sound?

fu2

The Man With No Name
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina II - GU Patrol CRD
for that money i personally would get a hsv vp of some description but by the sounds if he wants a new car got for just a 6 banger (for insurance reasons) something like a vs statesman or a vx.