Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

If you had $250 paypal what mods would you do.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
For $250 you could get every bulb replaced with some decent LED's ( I like the white look of them and they last forever ) or as mentioned above get a real nice detail and then sit out enjoy a few drinks and just admire it.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Get a professional to give it a really good detail for $200 while you work your way through a bottle of Gentleman Jack Daniels = $250 :)

I have thought about this mate, but 2 things. I just love detailing it myself, its very tough for me to pay someone to do it. Also i havent had a drink in 2 months, on/off the wagon what ever the hell it is.

I reckon im up for a massive bender soon.

Out of interest if say i wash (twice) wax and go over all the plastic with a bit of glaze, plus a vacuum.

How much better will a pro job look?

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
For $250 you could get every bulb replaced with some decent LED's ( I like the white look of them and they last forever ) or as mentioned above get a real nice detail and then sit out enjoy a few drinks and just admire it.

I have blue smd/led lights throughout the whole car. Both map and interior, parker, number plate and boot.

Although i was thinking of putting in some of those door holden logo projectors. But im pretty dense when it comes to wiring.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
What about some of those saggy balls you see hanging on tow bars these days. Surely it need to be declared....... For insurance purposes???? :beer:

Better yet, spend $200 on Car Care Products website (after you PM TinSnips for advice) and do it yourself whilst drinking the aforementioned bottle of JD.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
I have blue smd/led lights throughout the whole car. Both map and interior, parker, number plate and boot.

Although i was thinking of putting in some of those door holden logo projectors. But im pretty dense when it comes to wiring.

What about turn signals, reverse lights and brake lights.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
Sorry mate im really not that mechanically minded, could you, in a nutshell break down what the catch can does?

What is an oil catch can?

Answer:

An oil catch can is used in turbo applications, or high-performance race applications where excessive blow-by (leakage past the piston rings) of air and fuel vapor occurs. This creates a positive pressure in the crankcase. Engine manufactures have placed a valve on the engine block which releases this pressure. This valve is known as a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve. During engine operation, blow-by gases, as well as oil mist from the rotating components of the engine, pass through the PCV valve and are routed back into the intake for the engine to burn off. However, some of the oil mist and other products settle along the engine intake and over time form a "gunk." The oil catch can collects the oil mist and condenses the fuel vapors while allowing "cleaner" gases to be passed back into the intake. Typically the blow-by gasses are passed through a wire mesh, which give the vapor droplets something to adhere to. Since the oil catch cans condense the vapor portion of the gasses, they will need to be drained periodically of all the oil, fuel and other contaminants.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Thanks mate, so its basically engine and component protection... Long term? ± bling