Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser Doesnt Work, How Do i Bridge / Remove / Hotwire?

Discussion in 'Electrical Wiring / Questions' started by social, Jan 7, 2009.

1. social

social Ute Finatic

Members Ride:
    MY06 6.0L VZ Thunder(na naa na naa..)
    Heys guys,
    Recently my mates vn 5spd remote immobiliser stopped working, we checked the fuses, battery everything cant fnd a fault so weve come to the conclusion of getting rid of it or bridging it till we can get it removed, thing is, its not the same model that ive previously bridged so need sum help. Ive put up some pics, any useful info / howto's wud be appreciated cheers.

Details(if it helps)
    Immobiliser:4XR-5
    Serial: 0044058
    Date Issue: Jan 15 2002

Edit: sorry bout the bad quality

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. alien

alien New Member

Members Ride:
    03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
    Have you tried the emergency override procedure?

Alternaticly to disable the immobiliser for this unit you will need to grab from the wiring harness the WHITE and RED pairs (has 2 immobilisers) so there will be 4 wires of each colour. Basically you then want to cross the wires over [see the diagram below].

[​IMG]
    First bit shows you current wires and the second picture shows you how to cut out immobilisation.

And immobiliser 1 will have white wires, immobiliser 2 has red wires.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  3. social

social Ute Finatic

Members Ride:
    ohk. il give this a shot, its a little confusing but hopefully i dnt f nything up, cheers alot alien :thumbsup:

EDIT: ok ive looked at the wires and as u cn see, there isny any coloured ones aka red / white...

4. alien

alien New Member

Members Ride:
    03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
    I'm not sure if the emergency override is permanent or just to get you home, so maybe it's best to actually try the bridging. Should be easy just swapping 2 wires around per immobiliser. But yea, if you run into trouble just give a yell out.

5. social

social Ute Finatic

Members Ride:
    *YELLS* ok so heres the easiest way i can explain lol. in one of the pics u cn see all the wiring coming onto the motherboard thingo, that was inside the box and had the wires running out of it, and from there the wires split up into groups (3) and have fuses on each group...how do i kno where to cut if theres more that 8 wires :S

6. alien

alien New Member

Members Ride:
    03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
    OK, there should be 2 wires with fuses on them for power in
    2 wires for ground
    One wire goes to the ignition
    One to the door switch
    One to the bonnet switch
    One to the alarm horn
    One to the indicator and one to the other side
    One to lock
    One to boot release
    One negative out
    One unlock
    One auxilary trigger
    And the other 8 wires are for the immobiliser! :p

That gives me 23, yet i can only see 19 wires from your unit :S [Somehow i'm missing 4 :S I only counted the 2 harnesses as that's all i could see clearly, so there could be 4 others somewhere]

Is there still heat shrink on the wires close to the board? If so that tells you the pairs for the immobilisation circuit. Because the Australian standard is to make all wires black and of even thickness it does make it harder.

I can't really see anything in the pics, they're not that great quality, but one of those relays on the board switch the immobiliser on and off, so if you can trace it back then you've found the wires. (The reason there's 2 wires each immobiloisation point is to allow bigger currents under the australian standard).

If you know where the immobilisation points are located then you could also do the modification there.

7. social

social Ute Finatic

Members Ride:
    i have like no idea where the immobilisation points are / much at all to do with wiring / boards lol

8. alien

alien New Member

Members Ride:
    03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
    CRAP, this is going to be difficult. Um, is it possible to get better quality pics of the board (both sides)? Maybe with a a proper camera? The shots are too terrible :lol

9. DANNY8

DANNY8 Yo Coooornflake!

Members Ride:
    VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
    Wat about getting some wiring diagrams for a VN. If it has 2 immobiliser points, chances are one pair will go to the fuel pump wiring, and the other pair would go to the starter solenoid somewhere. Have a look at the wiring diagram and find the wires which would go from ur ignition to the starter, and hopefully somewhere along there it's been chopped and wired into the alarm....find the other end of the wire which would be connected to the alarm as well, snip the alarm wires off and join the ignition wire back together.

Same for the fuel pump, follow the wires and hopefully u find one of the immobiliser wires joining onto it, snip it and find the other end, snip it, and join the original fuel pump wire back 2gether.

That should get it started.

10. social

social Ute Finatic

Members Ride:
    come to the conclusion guys im just guna get a auot electrician out and get em to remove it or somethin

11. alien

alien New Member

Members Ride:
    03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
    Damn, auto elecs normally charge the earth LOL, If you were in Melbourne i'd say bring it around and i'd do it for you, but that would probably cost you more in fuel!

12. daron

daron wizfiz

Members Ride:
    VE SSV
    social see the 2 sets spades on circuit board youll see 2 spades close together then 2 more over a bit join the 2 together then the other 2 togt\ether you call is then bypased

also b4 thinking its dead make sure (with test light) its got power if so reprogram remote (for info call/msg me) it may have dropped off (common problem)
    that model is a cyclops system

13. social

social Ute Finatic

Members Ride:
    what do u mean by reprogram the remote? becuase i believe this is porbably the main reason it aint working, its not getting a transmission from the remote...

14. daron

daron wizfiz

Members Ride:
    VE SSV
    you need to disarm the alarm (use override code 4742)
    open drivers door
    turn ign on off 7 times leaving it on on the 7th time
    wait 3 secs indicators flash once
    then press remote button
    should work

15. duran2721

duran2721 New Member

Members Ride:
    vs v8 ute/vt gen3
    need to get my subaru 98 impreza going bypass immobox siemens

anybody now how to remove or bypass subaru siemens ecu module as car starts but only run for 5 secs then shuts of anyway to remove whats going on or
    steal my own car bak from my car ahaha stupid subaru any help wood make my day
    siemens immobox ecu

16. WATTO123

WATTO123 New Member

Members Ride:
    VX manual
    Daron your the man!! that saved me so much time ai, mine was a different cyclops system but same spades. bloody car was stuck at work cos transponder ####ed up

17. huskii

huskii New Member

Members Ride:
    vl turbo
    hey alien

i am in melbourne. in newport and i have a vp. i bought it from sunbury but i went down from newport. and i didnt no the car needed a mobiliser as he gave me the key without it and now the guy wants to be a #### sucker and changed his number and moved houses. if you can please help me or come around do it or whatever it would be great help. im willing to pay if you have to travel. please.

18. lout

lout Active Member

Members Ride:
    VX Executive S2
    somebody with only one post asking to disable an immobilizer will not get much help here as we don't know you.
    no offence meant but we could be helping you to steal someones car
    call an autoelec or holden

19. huskii

huskii New Member

Members Ride:
    vl turbo
    hey

hey mate. the car is legit as i have transfer pappers and receipts to my car. i dont need to lie to you. i know how to " steal a car" its not that hard. but i dont want to break my key barrel. as i want to swap the car with someone who is intrested in swapping cars with me. and he said if i can get it running without an immobiliser then we can trade. because the person i bought the car off f-uck-ed me arround. and moved houses and changed numbers. its not fair on me and auto electritions take tooo tooo much. especialy as the immobiliser was ment to come with the keys of the car.

20. huskii

huskii New Member

Members Ride:
    vl turbo
    hey im from hoppers but i have a holden vp stuck in newport as when it was towed the guy i bought the car from didnt give me a immobiliser, i have receipts and transfer pappers for the car so yes it is legit. and i have someone intrested in swapping me for a vr. so i really need this problem solved asap. i am willing to pay a few bucks if you can do it for me. i need it done asap though. cheers.