Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

improving fuel consumption

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
On a different note, I just heard an ad for vaporate on the radio. They said that repco service were the authorised dealers or somethine - www.repcoservice.com - but the fact still stands - even if you do save 20% on fuel costs (the maximum claimed saving), it would take (me) about 45 tanks to make it worthwhile - thats quite a long time!

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
Forget about it, vapourate wont do anything if you have existing problems, infact i would be suprised if it did anything in the first place. You would get a bigger gain by replacing your EV1 injectors with EV6 ones which spray better which is what vapourate is on about.

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
oh yeah, i'm not saying it works, or that i want it! I would need to hear that it did a very VERY good job from someone I knew and trusted before I would even beleive in it! Just noting that they are progressing, someone must be using them..

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
Its an interesting concept but there is more to gain by tweaking the fuel system pressure with a regulator and cleaning your injectors than trying to heat the heads of the existing injectors to get better vapourisation.

GrubSport

I just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec S2
I saw this thing on that inventors show on the ABC a while ago and only just put two and two together. There was a guy on it that had made special injectors that heated the fuel before it went in. Only just realised it's similar to vapour it. The bloke originally was trying to get more horse power but ended up significantly improving consumption. I think he got modest Kw improvements aswell. The engineers that sit at the panel were discussing the science behind it and it seems legit. The inventors argument was that it's main advantage is that the special injectors don't allow fuel to be wasted. On your next cold start, get out and walk around to your exhaust, you'll see unprocessed fuel on the ground. Apparently the special fuel injectors stop this? They must have somethign inside that retains heat for a long period of time?

comtim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Heres a dumd question for you all...

When running gas, are your injectors still being used ?

vn2nv

Reaction score
comtim said:
Heres a dumd question for you all...

When running gas, are your injectors still being used ?

no, unless you for some weird reason are running fuel and gas at the same time. You use injectors initially to get the engine running and primed for gas. Then the petroleum is shut off, injectors shut off and gas is let through.

vq~gangsta

Resident science geek
Reaction score
Website
www.mbs.adelaide.edu.au
Members Ride
VE 3.0 SIDI ex-cop
if you want cheap power, check out the sticky mothballs thread.
It's classic!